Matching pair
So, now I've dislocated both pinkies playing basketball. Today, it was the right one... I did the left one a few years ago when I was still in college. It's not so sore right now... I iced it when I got home, and currently I'm typing without much of a problem... then again, I'm guessing that when I wake up tomorrow morning and it's swollen up like a balloon, I guess I'll have a valid medical excuse to be working more slowly. Heh...
It doesn't hurt so much when you dislocate it, as much as it mildly shocks you to see a part of your body go off in an unexpected direction. One of my teammates gave it a good yank and it popped back into place with an audible crack. Played for another hour after that, keeping my right hand clenched whenever I didn't need to use it to handle the ball. Played pretty lousy overall... turnover after turnover... man, I got no handle... on the other hand, I had a nice run at the end of the last game where I hit a bunch of jumpers in a row. Still, gotta get started on those ballhandling drills.
So, now I've dislocated both pinkies playing basketball. Today, it was the right one... I did the left one a few years ago when I was still in college. It's not so sore right now... I iced it when I got home, and currently I'm typing without much of a problem... then again, I'm guessing that when I wake up tomorrow morning and it's swollen up like a balloon, I guess I'll have a valid medical excuse to be working more slowly. Heh...
It doesn't hurt so much when you dislocate it, as much as it mildly shocks you to see a part of your body go off in an unexpected direction. One of my teammates gave it a good yank and it popped back into place with an audible crack. Played for another hour after that, keeping my right hand clenched whenever I didn't need to use it to handle the ball. Played pretty lousy overall... turnover after turnover... man, I got no handle... on the other hand, I had a nice run at the end of the last game where I hit a bunch of jumpers in a row. Still, gotta get started on those ballhandling drills.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home