God has been faithful
God has been faithful in bringing my parents together in Taiwan 20-some-odd years ago, and my mother encouraged my father to take the risk to come to America to pursue further education and build a new life.
God has been faithful to my family in watching over us as my father worked full-time while simultaneously pursuing a doctorate in computer engineering, by giving my mother the strength to nurture and raise two boys in Utah.
God has been faithful in providing the opportunity for us to move to the Bay Area, which living environment-wise just might be the best place on Earth :-). Excluding current housing costs, of course.
God has been faithful in using my parents to instill in me values that I still hold, values that I came to understand more deeply years later when I came to know Him.
God has been faithful in granting my family the grace to never lack materially or for love.
God has been faithful in providing me a top-notch education from Collins Elementary, Kennedy Jr. High, and Monta Vista High School - not just in the classroom, either.
God has been faithful in clearly directing my steps toward UC Berkeley when I originally had my heart set on Stanford (I confess, I did. Don't stone me!). Little did I know at the time that in His sovereignty I would first come to know Him there.
God has been faithful in giving me the opportunity to participate in Canaan Taiwanese Christian Church's Youth Group Summer Musical in 1996, "Last Chance", when I was not yet a believer in Christ. I witnessed miracles and first began to believe that God might be more than just Sunday School lessons and a creation of the mind.
God has been faithful in drawing me to Himself my freshman year where I learned to read the Bible and to pray. Plus, He provided a believing community away from home in the Asian American Christian Fellowship. I was baptized on Easter near the end of my freshman year.
God has been faithful even as He systematically and lovingly tore down every idol I had left in my life during the first semester of my sophomore year, leaving me broken and at the end of my rope.
God has been faithful in building me back up again from my brokenness to the point where I now see that I was being melted so that I could be forged anew.
God has been faithful in training and educating me in the classroom, with people, and most of all in Christ throughout 4.5 years at Berkeley.
God has been faithful in opening my eyes to the wonder of creation in nature, such as in the yearly camping trips to Yosemite that my family used to take.
God has been faithful in opening my eyes to the wonder of creation in people while in NYC on missions. I realized that even the poor and the meek are infinitely valuable to Him - and they're not all that different from you and me.
God has been faithful in providing a multifaceted learning experience at my first job out of college, and in helping me build up a new faith community at Canaan while also enjoying a new relationship with my parents at home.
God has been faithful in stretching, growing and challenging me both in serving in worship and youth group at church, and leading me to an intense startup networking company for the past year.
God has been faithful in time of blessing and in the dark night of the soul... and more often than not, the latter was more important than the former.
God has been faithful through 26 years of experience. For as long as He grants me the grace to experience the next, I will continue to praise Him. All glory unto God.
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise / And when the darkness closes in, Lord / Still I will say / Blessed be the Name of the Lord / Blessed be Your Name / Blessed be the Name of the Lord / Blessed be Your Glorious Name
God has been faithful in bringing my parents together in Taiwan 20-some-odd years ago, and my mother encouraged my father to take the risk to come to America to pursue further education and build a new life.
God has been faithful to my family in watching over us as my father worked full-time while simultaneously pursuing a doctorate in computer engineering, by giving my mother the strength to nurture and raise two boys in Utah.
God has been faithful in providing the opportunity for us to move to the Bay Area, which living environment-wise just might be the best place on Earth :-). Excluding current housing costs, of course.
God has been faithful in using my parents to instill in me values that I still hold, values that I came to understand more deeply years later when I came to know Him.
God has been faithful in granting my family the grace to never lack materially or for love.
God has been faithful in providing me a top-notch education from Collins Elementary, Kennedy Jr. High, and Monta Vista High School - not just in the classroom, either.
God has been faithful in clearly directing my steps toward UC Berkeley when I originally had my heart set on Stanford (I confess, I did. Don't stone me!). Little did I know at the time that in His sovereignty I would first come to know Him there.
God has been faithful in giving me the opportunity to participate in Canaan Taiwanese Christian Church's Youth Group Summer Musical in 1996, "Last Chance", when I was not yet a believer in Christ. I witnessed miracles and first began to believe that God might be more than just Sunday School lessons and a creation of the mind.
God has been faithful in drawing me to Himself my freshman year where I learned to read the Bible and to pray. Plus, He provided a believing community away from home in the Asian American Christian Fellowship. I was baptized on Easter near the end of my freshman year.
God has been faithful even as He systematically and lovingly tore down every idol I had left in my life during the first semester of my sophomore year, leaving me broken and at the end of my rope.
God has been faithful in building me back up again from my brokenness to the point where I now see that I was being melted so that I could be forged anew.
God has been faithful in training and educating me in the classroom, with people, and most of all in Christ throughout 4.5 years at Berkeley.
God has been faithful in opening my eyes to the wonder of creation in nature, such as in the yearly camping trips to Yosemite that my family used to take.
God has been faithful in opening my eyes to the wonder of creation in people while in NYC on missions. I realized that even the poor and the meek are infinitely valuable to Him - and they're not all that different from you and me.
God has been faithful in providing a multifaceted learning experience at my first job out of college, and in helping me build up a new faith community at Canaan while also enjoying a new relationship with my parents at home.
God has been faithful in stretching, growing and challenging me both in serving in worship and youth group at church, and leading me to an intense startup networking company for the past year.
God has been faithful in time of blessing and in the dark night of the soul... and more often than not, the latter was more important than the former.
God has been faithful through 26 years of experience. For as long as He grants me the grace to experience the next, I will continue to praise Him. All glory unto God.
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise / And when the darkness closes in, Lord / Still I will say / Blessed be the Name of the Lord / Blessed be Your Name / Blessed be the Name of the Lord / Blessed be Your Glorious Name

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home