Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Hoops

Not a good weekend for me hoops-wise... my Spurs got eliminated, and got upended contesting a shot Friday night at JLau's church's gym, landing on my back and brusing my hands. I was somewhat pleased with the way I was moving without the ball, though.

I don't have a whole lot to complain about with regards to my Spurs though, since they won the title last year, overachieved this year, and will be contenders for years to come. Prediction: 2007 Finals, Spurs vs. Cavs (Duncan vs. LeBron, in the modern-day Hakeem vs. Jordan matchup).

Now I'm rooting for whoever's playing against the Lakers.

A hearty congrats to Michael and Ivana Yen (Yen cubed!), who tied the knot this past Saturday after being engaged for a couple of years. Beautiful wedding at the Berkeley Rose Garden (weather was beautiful and the flowers were blooming, 'twas my first outdoor wedding) and the banquet was at old reliable East Ocean in Emeryville, which has quite good seafood... much better Chinese banquet than usual. Also props to 5824 for their hospitality.

Survey

Pulled this from Eva's blog...

1. What time do you get up? 8:15-8:45 am. Quick sidenote that my coworkers found amusing... on those days when I need to get up, but the bed is just too warm and comfy, I'll roll over onto my stomach and plant my face into the pillow. This lets me enjoy the comfort for a few more seconds until I can't breathe anymore, which forces me to get up. Try it sometime!

2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Rich Mullins. Check out this site with song lyrics, magazine interviews, etc. I particularly like this compendium of assorted interview quotes... one of the most insightful men I've ever read about or enjoyed the music of.

3. Gold or silver? Gold. As in "Blue and..."

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Shaolin Soccer. Last DVD at home was Fight Club a few Saturdays ago. Intriguing flick.

5. What is your favorite TV show? Here's a couple, in no particular order: Friends, Simpsons, Alias, 24, NBA, other pro sports, Iron Chef, Good Eats.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Today? Some Triscuits and dried peach slices. But usually I'll have cereal with raisins.

7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? An obnoxious bandwagon fan of a successful large-market team.

8. What/who inspires you? Persistent, passionate people that are living for a clear purpose.

9. What is your middle name? Don't have one.

10. Beach, City or Country? Mountains and/or forest.

11. Favorite ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip.

12. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Kettle corn.

13. Favorite color? Black. But if that's a hue and not a color, then anything dark (navy blue, green).

14. What kind of car do you drive? Infiniti G35 sedan.

15. Favorite sandwich? Ooh... tough one. There are a lot of good sandwiches out there. For the time being I'll say the club sandwich on focaccia bread at Sufficient Grounds in Berkeley.

16. What characteristic do you despise? Dishonesty and inauthenticity.

17. Favorite flower? I don't do flowers...

18. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? For sightseeing: Europe (I'm guessing I'd find Rome fascinating). For rest, relaxation, and reflection: Yosemite Valley. To see what the hype is all about: Hawaii.

19. What color is your bathroom? White. Most of it, at least.

20. Favorite brand of clothing? I am not a fan of shopping for clothes. But I have high admiration for Teva sandals. They last forever.

21. Where would you retire to? Isn't "retiring" basically switching from tasks where you get paid to tasks where you don't get paid? Wherever God takes me, I suppose.

22. Favorite day of the week? Weekends!

23. What did you do for your last birthday? See this post. I'm still not exactly sure how I got tagged with the "Princess" moniker.

24. Where were you born? Logan, Utah. My dad was in grad school. We moved to the Bay Area when I was in 3rd grade.

25. Favorite sport to watch? NBA hoops. I'm an unabashed hoophead. Warriors and Spurs fan since the early 1990s.

26. What fabric detergent do you use? Tide.

27. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi. I'd prefer juice though.

28. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Definitely night owl. Nothing nicer than reading a few chapters of a good book late at night before hitting the sack.

29.What is your shoe size? 9

30. Do you have any pets? Nope. But my family used to have a parakeet when I was really young. We lost the parakeet when I opened the cage and let it fly out because I wanted to let it go "talk with the other birdies." It didn't come back. I'm still scarred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home