Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Upcoming

Things I'm looking forward to in the near future...

1) Paintball!

This Saturday, a bunch of folks from Berkeley and elsewhere will be heading down to Santa Cruz for a day of sneaking, shooting, charging, hiding, and generally getting dirty playing paintball for Mike Y's bachelor party. I'm kind of hoping that we set up teams so that it's all of us against the bachelor boy.

... knowing Mike though, he'd probably win. Dude's tough. You just shouldn't mess with guys that have shaved heads, particularly if they know taekwondo.

I've never paintballed before. Anyone have any advice? What should I wear? What tactics should I use? I can't use laser tag tactics (where it's more fun when you're in the middle of everyone shooting everything in sight) because you can only get shot once or something, right? Maybe I'll just be cannon fodder and act as a living shield for my teammates to hide behind.

2) New York City!

Second half of next week (4/21-4/24) I'll be going with my family to Manhattan for a few days to hang out while my bro checks out the NYU law school during their admit day (Friday). I think this'll be my first PTO of more than 1 day since... since... have I taken more than 1 day off since starting to work here?

We've got most of the big things planned out:
Wed. night: arrival

Thurs. night: The Producers on Broadway. What do you wear to a Broadway show? I'll need to pack it. I think I just went with shirt and tie with slacks when the SITC team went to see Les Miserables.

Fri. daytime: hanging out at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Fri. night: late dinner at L'Ecole, a French restaurant run by the French Culinary Institute that my boss recommended once she heard I was going to Manhattan. The costs are not as high as you'd expect from a French restaurant because it's the students who do the cooking. I'm not sure whether we're having the "Senior Level" or the "Regional French Fare" menu, but both look very good. I'm kind of wondering what a "Digestive Salad" is though. What do you wear to a French restaurant? I'll need to pack it too.

Sat. daytime: taking in the sights of Central Park

I'm still looking for suggestions for the random other things to do while we're there (see if the Soup Nazi is open?). It's been a couple of years since I was in NYC for 2 months with SITC, and even then we spent the bulk of our time not in Manhattan. We'll probably do the touristy things like Ground Zero, Times Square, Battery Park, Empire State Building, but I'm wondering if there are other hidden treasures that we should see/do/eat. Let me know if you have any ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home