Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Now for the news

Couple of interesting links floating around today.

My coworkers and I were cracking up about this all evening:





The caption, from AP news: "Former Assembly Speaker Herb Wesson, D-Culver City, kicks Zhang Xiao Ju betweent the legs during a demonstration performed by Buddhist monks at the Capitol in Sacramento, Calif., Monday, March 22, 2004. In their first visit to the United States, a group of Shaolin martial artists from SongShan, China demonstrated acrobatic flips and shows of strength among other things. With the monks urging him on, Wesson made several kicks to the monk who showed no emotion. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)".

Can't get over how much fun that guy seems to be having. This needs to be made into an animated gif of some sort, or a flash game where you click the mouse to make Mr. Wesson's leg swing through and kick.

In the food department... there's now a way to have an instant heart attack with the deep-fried chocolate sandwich!

All of a sudden, I have a craving for In'N'Out Burger. I don't think I've been there in several months. What do you usually order? I typically get the cheeseburger animal style with fries, but the last couple of times I've gotten the burger protein style, which makes me feel better about ordering fries. Speaking of which, check out the pic in the article with our good Guv'nor chowing down on a protein style burger. I think next time I'll try the Neopolitan shake and light fries.

On a more serious and interesting note, the debate about "Under God" in the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance has reached the Supreme Court. Couple of comments...
- Mr. Newdow is an ER doctor with a law degree, acting as his own attorney. Smart man.
- His daughter's mother (the article doesn't say whether they are still married) is a born-again Christian.
- His main objection is that the pledge is akin to a religious prayer that is forced upon his daughter. I happen to agree with the judge's statements that she has the right not to participate, and that the pledge is a patriotic exercise as opposed to a religious one.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home