Nostalgic tunes
The past few days, I've been listening to some mix tapes I made back in freshman year ('96) of music from the first half of the 1990s, and it's been quite amusing to take a trip back through time to revisit some of the top tunes and artists of the day. It's also amusing to note that I didn't have much of a concept of "mixing", as the tapes are all slow songs or all medium/fast songs, and the songs themselves aren't mixed very well (sometimes you'll have multiple songs by the same artist show up every other song in the order). But, here's a couple of the ones I've been listening to the last few days:
Blues Traveler ("Hook", "Run Around")
Gin Blossoms ("Follow You Down")
Oasis ("Wonderwall", "Champagne Supernova")
Hootie and the Blowfish ("Only Wanna Be With You", "Let Her Cry", "Time")
Eric Clapton ("Change the World" with Babyface)
Boyz II Men ("On Bended Knee, "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday", "Yesterday")
Mariah Carey ("Fantasy", "Always Be My Baby", "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Men)
Seal ("Kiss from a Rose")
Coolio ("Gangsta's Paradise") - I actually have most of this one memorized... haha
Weird Al ("Amish Paradise") - see here for the lyrics... it's still funny. "Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool!"
Ace of Base ("The Sign") - for the longest time I thought this was "I saw the sun"
Bone Thugz N' Harmony ("Crossroads")
Hm, I used to be a lot more poppy/Top-40 than I am now. Good times...
The past few days, I've been listening to some mix tapes I made back in freshman year ('96) of music from the first half of the 1990s, and it's been quite amusing to take a trip back through time to revisit some of the top tunes and artists of the day. It's also amusing to note that I didn't have much of a concept of "mixing", as the tapes are all slow songs or all medium/fast songs, and the songs themselves aren't mixed very well (sometimes you'll have multiple songs by the same artist show up every other song in the order). But, here's a couple of the ones I've been listening to the last few days:
Blues Traveler ("Hook", "Run Around")
Gin Blossoms ("Follow You Down")
Oasis ("Wonderwall", "Champagne Supernova")
Hootie and the Blowfish ("Only Wanna Be With You", "Let Her Cry", "Time")
Eric Clapton ("Change the World" with Babyface)
Boyz II Men ("On Bended Knee, "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday", "Yesterday")
Mariah Carey ("Fantasy", "Always Be My Baby", "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Men)
Seal ("Kiss from a Rose")
Coolio ("Gangsta's Paradise") - I actually have most of this one memorized... haha
Weird Al ("Amish Paradise") - see here for the lyrics... it's still funny. "Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool!"
Ace of Base ("The Sign") - for the longest time I thought this was "I saw the sun"
Bone Thugz N' Harmony ("Crossroads")
Hm, I used to be a lot more poppy/Top-40 than I am now. Good times...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home