Friday, May 20, 2005

Long post on Star Wars coming up, but for the time being, I found this to be delightfully geeky:

chown -R us /base

EDIT: Apparently I didn't realize that the above joke would fly over the heads of anyone who doesn't have experience with the Linux operating system (although that in itself is an integral part of the joke). Here's the breakdown... "chown" is the command to change the owner of a file - say you log in as "bob" to a system, and I create a file, that file would be owned by "bob". The "-R" indicates that the change ownership command is recursive - it will happen to all files in the stated directory and in any subdirectories. "us" is the name of the new owner. And "/base" is the directory that is having its ownership changed, along with any subdirectories due to the "-R". So, in plain English, this reads:

All your base are belong to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home