Sermon followup
Thanks for your prayers and support! The sermon, "The Magnificence and Mystery of Creation - Genesis 1 and 2 Cor. 5:17) went pretty smoothly. I found myself stumbling over my thoughts in the middle section, but was able to regain composure. Ultimately, my goal was that God might be glorified through more of His people taking a closer examination into Scripture on the variety, complexity, and beauty of an artistic and hard-working Creator, and how we can follow His example.
We typically record every sermon, so when it's available on the website I'll post a link and my notes. If you want the Powerpoint presentation that went along with it, I can email it to you. Incidentally, Google Image Search is invaluable when looking for visual aids for presentations. It really is remarkable the speed with which technology is moving to put information almost instantaneously at our fingertips.
The experience of prepping the sermon helped give me a newfound appreciation for lay pastors. Working a full time job and then preaching/shepherding in the off hours would be extremely tiring, so props to the folks already doing these roles well. Thing is, I could conceivably see myself doing that sort of thing in the future if God calls me into a church plant.
On the London/Spain blog, I appear to have acquired a new nickname. Check out this post for the origin of the nickname. I can't help it if I get awfully focused!
With the coming of October, NBA training camps have begun, and the season is less than a month away! Both my teams (Spurs and Warriors) have quite the air of optimism surrounding this season. I sent out some email invites to the usual suspects for fantasy hoops leagues, if you didn't get one but are interested, contact me.
Does anyone know of any special promotions for Comcast analog cable TV?
We typically record every sermon, so when it's available on the website I'll post a link and my notes. If you want the Powerpoint presentation that went along with it, I can email it to you. Incidentally, Google Image Search is invaluable when looking for visual aids for presentations. It really is remarkable the speed with which technology is moving to put information almost instantaneously at our fingertips.
The experience of prepping the sermon helped give me a newfound appreciation for lay pastors. Working a full time job and then preaching/shepherding in the off hours would be extremely tiring, so props to the folks already doing these roles well. Thing is, I could conceivably see myself doing that sort of thing in the future if God calls me into a church plant.
On the London/Spain blog, I appear to have acquired a new nickname. Check out this post for the origin of the nickname. I can't help it if I get awfully focused!
With the coming of October, NBA training camps have begun, and the season is less than a month away! Both my teams (Spurs and Warriors) have quite the air of optimism surrounding this season. I sent out some email invites to the usual suspects for fantasy hoops leagues, if you didn't get one but are interested, contact me.
Does anyone know of any special promotions for Comcast analog cable TV?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home