Feeling pretty out of it today... not sick, but didn't get as much rest over the weekend as I would have liked. Quick takes:
- Went up to Tahoe on Friday night. Hit a snowstorm as we were coming down out of the mountains to the South Tahoe area... kinda surreal seeing that cloud of snowflakes flowing towards your windshield; kinda like going into hyperspace. Heheh...
- The weather in Tahoe on Saturday was gorgeous. Went snowshoeing with a few people rather than ski/snowboard. It was pretty cool because the snowshoes allowed us to walk in areas of deep snow without sinking, and thus we could go off the trails and all over the place. It was nice to go walking in the back country where everything was relatively undisturbed, and the layers of snow covering rocks, trees, and fields were completely undisturbed. Very peaceful.
- Good sermon at Canaan on Sunday. P. Dan spoke about the difficulty of remaining faithful during the different stages of one's life, both the good and the bad, using Abraham as a case example from Romans 6. He identified 5 stages of repeating themes in life: dream, decision, delay, difficulty, and deliverance. I'm still reflecting on some of these, specifically in relation to some reflections I'm still pondering from 2002 and from WCC, and perhaps I'll post some of what I learn in the future.
- Warriors are 1 win away from reaching .500 this late in a season since the '93-94 season - nearly a decade of frustration. As a Warriors fan for over a decade, I can honestly say that this team is the most fun to watch that it's been in a while. Arenas is the only one I see with "superstar" quality at this point, and Dunleavy has become much more aggressive lately (if you go back into my archives, you can find the "scouting report" I wrote on my game as a basketball player where I compared myself to MDJ), so it's a good time to be a fan. Bring on the playoffs!
- Baseball spring training is here. The Giants lineup looks very good. Here's hoping they can put it all together this year, or sometime soon before Barry goes off into retirement.
- My VCR messed up and I only got the last half hour of Alias on tape, but I was able to pick up most of what was going on halfway through. Great ending... (click and drag) knowing that Irina and Sloane have been collaborating for this entire season really causes you to think back to all of the interactions that Irina had with Jack and Sydney, where she nearly succeeds in drawing the viewer in to even root for her, which just intensifies that sense of betrayal that Jack must feel at the end of the episode, because it's made real to the viewer. Good stuff.
- Went up to Tahoe on Friday night. Hit a snowstorm as we were coming down out of the mountains to the South Tahoe area... kinda surreal seeing that cloud of snowflakes flowing towards your windshield; kinda like going into hyperspace. Heheh...
- The weather in Tahoe on Saturday was gorgeous. Went snowshoeing with a few people rather than ski/snowboard. It was pretty cool because the snowshoes allowed us to walk in areas of deep snow without sinking, and thus we could go off the trails and all over the place. It was nice to go walking in the back country where everything was relatively undisturbed, and the layers of snow covering rocks, trees, and fields were completely undisturbed. Very peaceful.
- Good sermon at Canaan on Sunday. P. Dan spoke about the difficulty of remaining faithful during the different stages of one's life, both the good and the bad, using Abraham as a case example from Romans 6. He identified 5 stages of repeating themes in life: dream, decision, delay, difficulty, and deliverance. I'm still reflecting on some of these, specifically in relation to some reflections I'm still pondering from 2002 and from WCC, and perhaps I'll post some of what I learn in the future.
- Warriors are 1 win away from reaching .500 this late in a season since the '93-94 season - nearly a decade of frustration. As a Warriors fan for over a decade, I can honestly say that this team is the most fun to watch that it's been in a while. Arenas is the only one I see with "superstar" quality at this point, and Dunleavy has become much more aggressive lately (if you go back into my archives, you can find the "scouting report" I wrote on my game as a basketball player where I compared myself to MDJ), so it's a good time to be a fan. Bring on the playoffs!
- Baseball spring training is here. The Giants lineup looks very good. Here's hoping they can put it all together this year, or sometime soon before Barry goes off into retirement.
- My VCR messed up and I only got the last half hour of Alias on tape, but I was able to pick up most of what was going on halfway through. Great ending... (click and drag) knowing that Irina and Sloane have been collaborating for this entire season really causes you to think back to all of the interactions that Irina had with Jack and Sydney, where she nearly succeeds in drawing the viewer in to even root for her, which just intensifies that sense of betrayal that Jack must feel at the end of the episode, because it's made real to the viewer. Good stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home