Death March Mode
Vacant stares, brains working at minimal capacity, bloodshot eyes, tired hands... these are the characteristics of the legendary Death March Mode. In other words, upping the pressure level to maximum this week (13-14 hrs a day) to make release by tomorrow.
Interestingly, I think I've been handling it pretty well. Maybe my mind and body are adapting.
T-minus 1 week to Thanksgiving...
Last weekend... worked all day Saturday, then hung out at JT's place with a bunch of people at night, playing CoMotion, Sequence, and watching most of Finding Nemo. During the evening a strange disease afflicted people so that they began talking with accents from Chinese soap opera stars.
Sunday, thought-provoking message from Pastor Tim about the nature of success, preaching from Phil 3:12-14 (a favorite of mine) and 2 Tim 4:6-8 (including the well-known "fought the good fight, finished the race, kept the faith" verse). I think this'll deserve it's own post; the last two weeks' messages (time and success) seem to be different sides of the same coin for me.
Sunday night, we "gorged ourselves on basketball" (as Byron put it). JKuo opened up the gym at the high school he works at and we played from 6:30 pm till 10. Boy, it was fun to be back in a gym. I didn't shoot that much. I remember the "good fundamentals" plays that I make, so my memorable moment from Sunday was setting up on the wing, waiting for a teammate to establish post position, then making the entry bounce pass to the open side after he sealed off his man which led to an easy pivot and layup.
Things that made me laugh this morning: Danny's Nov. 18 entry, and the email we got from our boss this morning:
"Donuts in the kitchen, for lunch and dinner."
I wonder if she was kidding...
Back to work. One finish line is in sight...
Vacant stares, brains working at minimal capacity, bloodshot eyes, tired hands... these are the characteristics of the legendary Death March Mode. In other words, upping the pressure level to maximum this week (13-14 hrs a day) to make release by tomorrow.
Interestingly, I think I've been handling it pretty well. Maybe my mind and body are adapting.
T-minus 1 week to Thanksgiving...
Last weekend... worked all day Saturday, then hung out at JT's place with a bunch of people at night, playing CoMotion, Sequence, and watching most of Finding Nemo. During the evening a strange disease afflicted people so that they began talking with accents from Chinese soap opera stars.
Sunday, thought-provoking message from Pastor Tim about the nature of success, preaching from Phil 3:12-14 (a favorite of mine) and 2 Tim 4:6-8 (including the well-known "fought the good fight, finished the race, kept the faith" verse). I think this'll deserve it's own post; the last two weeks' messages (time and success) seem to be different sides of the same coin for me.
Sunday night, we "gorged ourselves on basketball" (as Byron put it). JKuo opened up the gym at the high school he works at and we played from 6:30 pm till 10. Boy, it was fun to be back in a gym. I didn't shoot that much. I remember the "good fundamentals" plays that I make, so my memorable moment from Sunday was setting up on the wing, waiting for a teammate to establish post position, then making the entry bounce pass to the open side after he sealed off his man which led to an easy pivot and layup.
Things that made me laugh this morning: Danny's Nov. 18 entry, and the email we got from our boss this morning:
"Donuts in the kitchen, for lunch and dinner."
I wonder if she was kidding...
Back to work. One finish line is in sight...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home