Wednesday, October 29, 2003

5 on 5

In honor of the NBA season kicking off, here are 5 good things and 5 could-be-better things in my life right now:

The Good
1) God-given wisdom in books such as Experiencing God (Blackaby), Don't Waste Your Life (Piper), Celebration of Discipline (Foster), all of which I'm reading at the moment.

2) Current 6 CDs in car changer: candycoatedwaterdrops (Plumb), All That You Can't Leave Behind and The Joshua Tree (U2), Crash (Dave Matthews Band), Out of Time (REM), No Name Face (Lifehouse). Thoughtful lyrics, stellar musicianship, and some songs that are just plain fun to sing along to.

3) Learning a new worship song, called "Everything", by Lifehouse. Chords and lyrics can be found here. For the Canaan folks reading this, expect to sing it this Sunday or next.

4) Relaxing past Saturday which included sleeping in, Korean bbq buffet lunch, and extended bike ride in gorgeous weather through Cupertino where I visited Memorial Park (site of my first tennis lessons), Monta Vista High School (Matadors!) and Kennedy Jr High, followed by a trip down memory lane when I broke out the old high school yearbook. Reflections to come.

5) Did I mention the start of the NBA season?

The Could-Be-Better
1) Minor recurring RSI pain in forearms. Not panicking or getting down, just need to get back into a rehab rhythm.

2) Busyness picking up again at work. We're aiming at releasing before Thanksgiving; till then, will be pretty much nose-to-the-grindstone pressure-wise. Hopefully won't have to come in on too many weekends.

3) The Southern California wildfires. Prayers go to the brave folks fighting the fires, and for the ones who've lost lives and property.

4) I'm behind on a couple of ministry items I'm in charge of.

5) One of my fantasy league teams is missing several players this week (R Allen, T Chandler, J Richardson, L Odom). Okay, this is sorta stretching it.

Random
Here's a fun, yet addicting game that's perfect for relieving stress in the midafternoon.

Hearty welcomes to Eva and Joseph to the blogging world. Dive on in, the water's fine.

Happy birthday to Joy!

Came across the last few minutes of "Joe Schmo" last night on Spike TV, and due to 5824's enthusiasm over the show, I watched for about 20 mins where they revealed the whole hoax to poor Matt. It wasn't as mind-blowingly shocking as it could have been, because while the star was shocked, he was too nice and "pleasantly dense" to really have a fly-into-a-rage fit. Nice to see that he's not holding any real grudges though.

Spontaneous glimpse into my odd personality - I have a weird tendency to mentally associate everyday events and situations with similar scenes from books, TV, or movies, often muttering a quote under my breath to amuse myself. I also sometimes use strange metaphors and similes. For example, yesterday as we went for a walk, I attempted to describe the post-Daylight-Savings evening as so dark that "It's like being in a boat and hitting a giant squid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home