Friday, October 10, 2003

Idle thoughts on a Friday afternoon

I wonder if the absurdity of having Schwarzenegger as governor would be lessened if it was a more respectable actor/celebrity running for office. Would we have the same level of suspension of disbelief if it was, say, Tom Hanks? Would we give him more benefit of the doubt?

On a related note, is it possible to take anything Arnie says seriously?

Fun link of the day, provided by Kachiu: Check out this short movie clip illustrating narcolepsy with a cute little daschund. Thud. It's really funny and kinda sad at the same time. At least, being a daschund, he doesn't have far to fall when the consciousness zonks out. Danny says that he's seen similar videos with bigger dogs. THUD. Can you imagine being both narcoleptic and a heavy sleeper like someone we know? You wouldn't even feel the ground when you hit it. Bruises everywhere, all the time.

I have a feeling that last paragraph is going to drop me a few spots in the BCS.

Interesting fact for the day: a "fiance" is a man engaged to a woman, a "fiancee" is a woman engaged to a man. Why the woman gets two "e's", I don't know. But don't you feel richer now that you've learned something new?

My parents celebrated their 27th anniversary last night. We had sashimi. Mmmmm...

Seriously though, I'm really thankful for my parents. They've always had a good, mature, loving relationship with each other, and did a pretty good job raising two off-the-wall boys. Plus, it's also been nice living at home the past few years since college, because I think they almost treat me as a peer/adult now - they give me advice when I ask, and they ask me for my opinion on issues they think I might have a better handle on. I know some friends who've moved home after college and can't wait to get out of the house; I'm just grateful for the time I have to spend with them before I eventually do move out.

A toast to 27 years! clink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home