Saturday, September 27, 2003

Peak #1

We've released! Protego Networks' MARS Security Appliance Version 1.1 is now available for business. Quick description: Currently, there aren't any convenient ways for IT workers to monitor the security threats to their networks, as the flood of information coming in through multiple intrusion-detection systems, firewalls, routers, etc. is too overwhelming to monitor. Our appliance will help consolidate this information into a graphical real-time picture of network health, including highlighting trouble points (like network hosts that may be infected with a virus, attacks coming in over a particular network, etc.), and offering options to mitigate that attack.

On to 1.2!

Yesterday we had a company outing to Roaring Camp Railroad in the Santa Cruz Mtns. Was a relaxing day... went for a train ride to hang out in the redwoods, had a bbq (chicken and ribs... mmm) lunch, then played volleyball/frisbee/frisbee golf in the afternoon. Apparently this is a place that lot of people have been to before, as everyone I've mentioned it to seems to have been there.

Got to go to youth group for the first time in months last night. Was very cool to see how members of the youth are beginning to step up and take roles of greater responsibility in leadership, and I think the journals they each have to take notes on Fridays is a great idea.

Woke up this morning at 10 am. I don't have to go to the office today! Gotta prepare a handout for a guitar workshop, and get psyched up for the Switchfoot concert tonight. I'll find some more time to write reflections on the last few months, as well as a few other topics I've been pondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home