Quick update
Got in yesterday at 9:45 am and left at 11 pm. 2nd longest day so far. Towards the end of the day (around 10 pm), I was finally able to put my finger on why the sensation felt so familiar. I was essentially reliving the college days of being in the Soda Hall computer lab the day before a final project was due. Walking down the aisles, I could see many bleary-eyed engineers still pecking away keyboards, teams of people looking at problems and growing increasingly short-tempered, caffeine abounding everywhere, an unhealthy "monitor tan" showing up on everyone's face... ah, the memories.
On the bright side, at the end of the day yesterday, I only had a mild dull ache in my left forearm rather than the more noticeable soreness from previous weeks. I notice that I can't help but feel more acutely a sense of humility with regards to workplace health, and overall health in general, due to this aspect of my life from the past 3 months. I must also be wary of falling back into bad habits. If you don't want this to happen to you, email me and I can give you some tips.
Because of time I haven't been able to post anything interesting or quasi-profound lately, which is why I presume I'm dropping on the BCS. Let's see how far I continue to drop.
I'm just gonna jot down my weekend recaps so I don't ge tthem pushed out of my memory with stuff like updating test plans, filing and verifying bugs, automation, and a bunch of other stuff occupying my time.
Labor Day Weekend - wow, that seems like a long time ago
Roland and Judy's wedding. Memorable moment: Roland saying, "Judy's family is something of a brain trust. Her sister went to MIT and Yale, her brother went to MIT, and she went to Princeton and Stanford. Of course, none of them measure up to Berkeley."
Mandarin outreach. Helped play backup to the Mandarin worship team. During the outreach itself, I found that if I applied my limited Mandarin skills and concentration to the speakers, I could understand perhaps 60% of the gist of what was going on. But if my concentration wandered for even a second, I'd be left behind and it'd take a few minutes to re-synch myself.
Janet and John's engagement party. I'm hypothesizing that this was where I caught my minor cold. Good food and fun, however. Memorable/amusing conversation: the seeming destiny of 2-year olds (3-year olds?) Christian Chen and Faith Hsieh to hook up somewhere down the line. They're the current leaders of the "cute toddler" brigade that's been invading Canaan recently.
The Two Towers. Pulled a page out of the college playbook and spontaneously headed over to Walter's place Sunday night at 10 pm to watch this newly-released DVD. That made for 2 viewings in a week for me.
Labor Day. Met up with Richard for discipleship (only two chapters in Celebration of Discipline to go!), hung out w/ Byron, Karen, and Eva (the latter before she headed back to Baltimore) in the afternoon, shot around with and caught up with Dave C in the evening.
Past weekend
Spent Saturday from 10 am to 5:30 pm at the office, fighting off annoyed thoughts of missing a camping trip and the flea market, as well as fighting off a cold.
Sunday, after church, watched the Niners wallop the Bears, had youth counselors meeting, and then Luwen and James' birthday shindig. Had fun watching their ~6 month old son, Lucas, entertain himself by trying to grab things just beyond his reach, since he hasn't yet learned how to crawl forwards. Memorable quotes/conversations: "Knees aren't supposed to bend that way." "If you tilt your arms down, blood goes into your veins and makes them bulge out." "I just banged my hand against the bottom of the table and pop! the cyst was gone."
It's remarkably freeing to confess weakness.
Got in yesterday at 9:45 am and left at 11 pm. 2nd longest day so far. Towards the end of the day (around 10 pm), I was finally able to put my finger on why the sensation felt so familiar. I was essentially reliving the college days of being in the Soda Hall computer lab the day before a final project was due. Walking down the aisles, I could see many bleary-eyed engineers still pecking away keyboards, teams of people looking at problems and growing increasingly short-tempered, caffeine abounding everywhere, an unhealthy "monitor tan" showing up on everyone's face... ah, the memories.
On the bright side, at the end of the day yesterday, I only had a mild dull ache in my left forearm rather than the more noticeable soreness from previous weeks. I notice that I can't help but feel more acutely a sense of humility with regards to workplace health, and overall health in general, due to this aspect of my life from the past 3 months. I must also be wary of falling back into bad habits. If you don't want this to happen to you, email me and I can give you some tips.
Because of time I haven't been able to post anything interesting or quasi-profound lately, which is why I presume I'm dropping on the BCS. Let's see how far I continue to drop.
I'm just gonna jot down my weekend recaps so I don't ge tthem pushed out of my memory with stuff like updating test plans, filing and verifying bugs, automation, and a bunch of other stuff occupying my time.
Labor Day Weekend - wow, that seems like a long time ago
Roland and Judy's wedding. Memorable moment: Roland saying, "Judy's family is something of a brain trust. Her sister went to MIT and Yale, her brother went to MIT, and she went to Princeton and Stanford. Of course, none of them measure up to Berkeley."
Mandarin outreach. Helped play backup to the Mandarin worship team. During the outreach itself, I found that if I applied my limited Mandarin skills and concentration to the speakers, I could understand perhaps 60% of the gist of what was going on. But if my concentration wandered for even a second, I'd be left behind and it'd take a few minutes to re-synch myself.
Janet and John's engagement party. I'm hypothesizing that this was where I caught my minor cold. Good food and fun, however. Memorable/amusing conversation: the seeming destiny of 2-year olds (3-year olds?) Christian Chen and Faith Hsieh to hook up somewhere down the line. They're the current leaders of the "cute toddler" brigade that's been invading Canaan recently.
The Two Towers. Pulled a page out of the college playbook and spontaneously headed over to Walter's place Sunday night at 10 pm to watch this newly-released DVD. That made for 2 viewings in a week for me.
Labor Day. Met up with Richard for discipleship (only two chapters in Celebration of Discipline to go!), hung out w/ Byron, Karen, and Eva (the latter before she headed back to Baltimore) in the afternoon, shot around with and caught up with Dave C in the evening.
Past weekend
Spent Saturday from 10 am to 5:30 pm at the office, fighting off annoyed thoughts of missing a camping trip and the flea market, as well as fighting off a cold.
Sunday, after church, watched the Niners wallop the Bears, had youth counselors meeting, and then Luwen and James' birthday shindig. Had fun watching their ~6 month old son, Lucas, entertain himself by trying to grab things just beyond his reach, since he hasn't yet learned how to crawl forwards. Memorable quotes/conversations: "Knees aren't supposed to bend that way." "If you tilt your arms down, blood goes into your veins and makes them bulge out." "I just banged my hand against the bottom of the table and pop! the cyst was gone."
It's remarkably freeing to confess weakness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home