Tuesday, August 26, 2003

[Homer Simpson voice]"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"[/Homer Simpson voice]

For you Cal alumni readers... I do believe I've found a replacement for the legendary La Burrita.

There's a small Mexican place about 2 miles away from my office that I've been to once for lunch, and now my company is getting food from there for dinner on Tuesdays. It's called Las Vegas Taqueria, and every day at lunchtime it's packed, which is a good sign. It has that small, homey feel with great, relatively cheap food that made La Burrita such a favorite. There's a wider menu than the Berkeley restaurant, ranging from burritos to tacos to enchiladas and so on down the line.

Tonight, I just polished off a Pollo Asado (Asada?) Super Burrito w/ a handful of freshly-made chips and salsa, prompting my inner voice to say the quote titling this post. Reminds me of when George said that back in his glory days, he could eat 3.5 of these things in one sitting.

Holes-in-the-wall rule. Or should that be hole-in-the-walls? Nah, the first one. They rule.

Now all I need to do is find a South Bay equivalent to Everett and Jones, the rib place.

To come... weekend recap. Retreat, Hoops, and showing the glories of California to a lifelong East Coaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home