I'm a genius! Well, sorta
Yesterday my coworker labeled me a "watermelon genius." For dinner dessert on Tuesday, we picked up a seedless watermelon from the local Asian market. I did the selecting by using the rap-with-your-knuckle-and-listen-for-the-crisp-sound method, and apparently selected a good one. I've only done this twice in my life. I think I might have to pick another one tonight. I'm feeling the pressure to perform.
What to write... [taps thoughtfully]
I don't write nearly as much as I used to these days... but I'll jot down here all the topics (aside from general updates) I've had in mind to wax poetic on. If whatever readers I have actually care, feel free to let me know in what order I should write:
- why I keep a blog, explanation of the "Blindman" moniker
- the "rat race" and striving for more
- general character profile (favorites, pet peeves, etc.)
- thoughts from Following Jesus Without Dishonoring Your Parents, the Asian-American value system
- the concept and role of art
- beauty found in imperfection
- the need for tension
- singleness, relationships, expectations, and questions
- "What we're owed"
- optimism/pessimism and the change in my character
- purpose - general vs. specific, "envy" of those who know
... there are more that aren't coming to mind...
Yesterday my coworker labeled me a "watermelon genius." For dinner dessert on Tuesday, we picked up a seedless watermelon from the local Asian market. I did the selecting by using the rap-with-your-knuckle-and-listen-for-the-crisp-sound method, and apparently selected a good one. I've only done this twice in my life. I think I might have to pick another one tonight. I'm feeling the pressure to perform.
What to write... [taps thoughtfully]
I don't write nearly as much as I used to these days... but I'll jot down here all the topics (aside from general updates) I've had in mind to wax poetic on. If whatever readers I have actually care, feel free to let me know in what order I should write:
- why I keep a blog, explanation of the "Blindman" moniker
- the "rat race" and striving for more
- general character profile (favorites, pet peeves, etc.)
- thoughts from Following Jesus Without Dishonoring Your Parents, the Asian-American value system
- the concept and role of art
- beauty found in imperfection
- the need for tension
- singleness, relationships, expectations, and questions
- "What we're owed"
- optimism/pessimism and the change in my character
- purpose - general vs. specific, "envy" of those who know
... there are more that aren't coming to mind...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home