Thursday, October 02, 2003

Quiz results and other ramblings

Here are my results and selected answers/explanations to the "Metrosexuality quiz" on the 5824 blog, 9/23 entry:

1. How frequently do you check yourself in the mirror?
Answer: You've used the rear view mirror in your car to check your hair -> 2 pts
Explanation: Sometimes you just want that cowlick to stay down.

2. Give yourself one point for each of the following products you own:
Answer: Face soap -> 1 pt

3. When it's time to get a haircut, you think to yourself...
Answer: Where's the nearest Chinese hair salon? -> 1 pt
Explanation: Nothing like an Asian barber to do an Asian fade. Plus, all the amateurs I know are either good and slow, or bad and fast. I'll pay 10 bucks for good and fast, thank you.

4. Your friend suggests the two of you should go in for a pedicure. Your reaction:
Answer: No way! -> 0 pts

5. Aside from sneakers, how many shoes do you own?
Answer: 1-2 -> 0 pts
Explanation: Aside from 3 pairs of sneakers, Tevas, and Nike soccer sandals, I have 1 pair of brown Rockports and 1 pair of black Nunn Bushes to wear with khakis and suit, respectively. Hm, I guess that means I get the 1pt bonus for "how they'd look with an outfit".

6. Which would best describe the way you shop for clothes?
Answer: My mom shops for my clothes -> 0 pts
Explanation: No joke. I hate shopping and am not big on fashion. Just about anything "nice" or "trendy" that I own, I got as a hand-me-down from my little brother (who has infinitely better taste than I do).

7. Give yourself a point for every name you recognize:
Answer: none -> 0 pts

8. What is the last book you've read?
Answer: Just finished Tolstoy's Divine and Human (after quite a long time). It's not non-fictional or a current best-seller, so I'll give myself 1.5 pts just for the heck of it. Plus I guess I need to tack on a bonus 1 pt since it was recommended by my mother.

9. You're going to the movies with your girlfriend, and she wants the two of you to see the sappy romantic comedy. What do you do?
Answer: Is it Jerry Maguire? I can handle that -> 1.5 pts

10. When is the last time you cried?
Answer: See this post -> 1 pt

11. When watching "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", you...
Answer: What the hell are you talking about? -> 0 pts

12. I took this quiz because...
Answer: I'm bored at work -> 0 pts
Explanation: Waiting for a script to finish running

Total
Two 3-pointers and a miraculous 4-point play to get a total of 10 pts, which makes me a:
Dude. Still unaware that you carry an X chromosome.

Other stuff
- Overheard from Midwestern coworker while walking outside yesterday around 2 pm: "It's just not right for the weather to be this nice." California, baby.

- How much fun was it watching the A's pull out a totally improbable win last night? While I don't count myself as a real A's fan, I don't mind rooting for them (especially since my Giants played horribly yesterday). Ramon Hernandez simply fooled everyone in the park. Brilliant play. Lost in all the hoopla about the bunt were the clutch at-bats by Durazo and Foulke pitching 3 strong innings in relief.