Monday, October 13, 2003

Weekend recap

Weekend revelation: I am woefully out of shape.

The combination of working long hours, eating restaurant food provided by the company, not running full-court as much, and turning 25 have resulted in my gaining excess poundage. This annoys me. I guess it's true that the metabolism begins to slow down at age 25.

So motivated, I attempted to go running on Saturday morning and promptly realized that I don't like running. Haha... ran up to the hills behind my house, and attempted to run up a fairly steep hill. It's been quite a while since I've felt like my quads were too tired to lift anymore, but I achieved that on Saturday. Played ball yesterday as well; we ran full court for the first time since Retreat. Ever since some of the regulars started having kids, it's been harder to get people to go out to play full court (since they want to be close to the wife and baby). I've decided however, to crack the whip and make us go out there as often as possible. Probably gonna keep a closer eye on what and how much I'm eating too... I can always save some of the dinner food for the next day.

Bowing to peer pressure, I made my way to Nordstrom Rack (you gotta love refurbished, obsolete, and/or "slightly irregular" stuff) to attempt to find a pair of dress shoes before Winnie and Jonathan's wedding. Was able to pick up what I figure is a decent pair for $75 including tax, which was much easier to swallow than the projected $100 people had been telling me about. It helped to read the tag, which said that the shoes were originally priced at $200(!) but were "refurbished". They're maybe a smidge big, but I'm not gonna complain too much.

Attended Winnie and Jonathan's wedding later that afternoon. It's been cool to see this couple from when they began to attend Canaan, to the current day where their faith clearly influences their lives. I knew Winnie's bro Derek back when we were in high school, and chatted with him a bit at the wedding... but his duties as a groomsman and brother of the bride pulled him away before we could really catch up much.

While dutifully dinging away with chopsticks against my glass, I looked down after the couple's kiss to see a chunk of glass on my plate. Apparently my attempt at holding the chopsticks like drumsticks was a little too effective. Whoops.

I was seated at a table with William and Shirley, and James and Luwen, along with their babies Sarah and Lucas (respectively). 'Twas quite amusing to see how they instantly quieted down after being given a balloon to play with. Why does it feel so rewarding to make a baby laugh?

"Alias" commentary: It would appear that Weiss is the new romantic interest for drama queen Syd. I still can't get used to him as a field agent. My vote is to get Dixon back as Sydney's partner. I sure hope the writers of the show don't dwell on the whole "love triangle" thing... some of it adds good tension, other parts are plain cheesy (like the actual scene where they show the three of them in a triangle around a room - subtle, real subtle). Also, you just know that Jack's sabotage of the Sydney-incriminating surveillance video is going to come back and bite him in the butt somewhere down the line.

Fun with Eric H

At 3PM...
Bob: are you going to get out of bed today at all?
Eric: yeah
Eric: gotta eat

Stinkin' people w/ Columbus Day off...

Later...
Eric: warriors are good
Eric: they killed the kings :-)
Bob: PRESEASON :-)
Eric: who cares!!
Eric: 2-1 baby!!
Bob: they might be okay
Bob: they have a decent balance of young and old
Bob: just no superstar talents
Eric: watever
Eric: tmurph
Bob: not exactly :-)
Eric: trust me
Eric: he's the next white poor man's garnett
Bob: HAHAHAHAH
Eric: serious man :-)
Eric: i think we're gonna take the 8th spot
Eric: and knock the lakers out first round
Bob: I love your enthusiasm
Eric: it's true man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home