Grudge match topics discussed today:
(non-superpowered division)
Aragorn vs. Batman
Aragorn (wielding Anduril) vs. Li Mu Bai (wielding Green Destiny)
(superpowered division)
Gandalf vs. Magneto
Superman vs. Darth Vader
Helped Drew W move this past Saturday, ate lots of meat at Korea House, and watched Shrek 2. Good flick, but not nearly as good as the first one - the original had more charm, as almost all originals do.
Currently listening to Hymns: Ancient and Modern from the Passion worship movement, and Facedown from Matt Redman. I'm finding that I can get distracted during musical worship when lead worshippers deviate significantly from the song lyrics for exhortations or other shouts during singspiration. I suppose that it kind of jars that focused connection I have on God during worship through music.
Here's a link to the lyrics on the Passion CD. Possible songs that will be led at Canaan in coming months include "O Worship the King", "Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee", "Father Let Me Dedicate", "All Creatures of Our God and King", "The Solid Rock", "Here is Love", and "Take my Life". "How Great Thou Art" and "Fairest Lord Jesus are already in rotation.
Haven't written anything of real substance in a while... work is still in nails-to-the-quick, pull-your-hair-out mode so I'm just trying to stay sane.
(non-superpowered division)
Aragorn vs. Batman
Aragorn (wielding Anduril) vs. Li Mu Bai (wielding Green Destiny)
(superpowered division)
Gandalf vs. Magneto
Superman vs. Darth Vader
Helped Drew W move this past Saturday, ate lots of meat at Korea House, and watched Shrek 2. Good flick, but not nearly as good as the first one - the original had more charm, as almost all originals do.
Currently listening to Hymns: Ancient and Modern from the Passion worship movement, and Facedown from Matt Redman. I'm finding that I can get distracted during musical worship when lead worshippers deviate significantly from the song lyrics for exhortations or other shouts during singspiration. I suppose that it kind of jars that focused connection I have on God during worship through music.
Here's a link to the lyrics on the Passion CD. Possible songs that will be led at Canaan in coming months include "O Worship the King", "Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee", "Father Let Me Dedicate", "All Creatures of Our God and King", "The Solid Rock", "Here is Love", and "Take my Life". "How Great Thou Art" and "Fairest Lord Jesus are already in rotation.
Haven't written anything of real substance in a while... work is still in nails-to-the-quick, pull-your-hair-out mode so I'm just trying to stay sane.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home