Current feeling: overwhelmed
Mind's occupied with a ton of things tonight. Work, ministry, people to invest in, errands, finances, self-education, short-term plans, long-term plans - the business of life has been weighing heavily. I'm trying to remember the last time I had just a few days where I had no responsibilities, where I could read a good novel or watch a good movie without feeling vaguely guilty about whether I should have spent my time administering this or planning that. I can't remember any such time.
Perhaps I need to take this to heart tonight:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -- Matthew 11:28-30
Mind's occupied with a ton of things tonight. Work, ministry, people to invest in, errands, finances, self-education, short-term plans, long-term plans - the business of life has been weighing heavily. I'm trying to remember the last time I had just a few days where I had no responsibilities, where I could read a good novel or watch a good movie without feeling vaguely guilty about whether I should have spent my time administering this or planning that. I can't remember any such time.
Perhaps I need to take this to heart tonight:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -- Matthew 11:28-30

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home