Friday, October 07, 2005

Music tag

Tag! Music

The recent wave of "20 random facts / recent music" blog tagging that's infected a couple of relatively distinct circles I run in is kind of an interesting phenomenon. There's probably some kind of social networking psychology principles that could be gleaned from the flood of posts in the last 3 days - 4 degrees of blog tagging? - but I'm going to forgo playing amateur shrink and just do my facts, seeing as how I've been tagged twice.

Starting out with the music tag since it's shorter...

5 things I'm listening to now
I generally listen primarily to CDs/full albums - I rarely listen to the radio these days.

1) KDFC (102.1 FM) - morning alarm. The radio plays pleasant classical music for 10 minutes, at the end of which point I know it's time to get up
2) Jars of Clay - Redemption Songs. Favorites: On Jordan's Stormy Banks I Stand, I'll Fly Away
3) Starflyer 59 - Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice. Moody indie rock
4) No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003. Favorite: Don't Speak
5) Sufjan Stevens - Christmas Songs.

Next musician to sample: Bob Dylan

If you read this and you haven't been tagged yet, write your own post and then leave a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home