http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20020626/ts_nm/court_pledge_dc_4
Sadness. This country was founded on Christian principles, and particularly since 9/11 it seemed that with the whole wave of patriotic fervor and "God Bless America" stickers that Americans were beginning to remember their roots - the founding fathers of this country fought for freedom and justice, yes, but for many of them, one of the motivating factors was their belief in a God who believes in freedom and justice.
I guess we now need to consider the Declaration of Independence an unconstitutional document because it has the phrase "endowed by their Creator" (if I remember correctly).
Sigh.
Sadness. This country was founded on Christian principles, and particularly since 9/11 it seemed that with the whole wave of patriotic fervor and "God Bless America" stickers that Americans were beginning to remember their roots - the founding fathers of this country fought for freedom and justice, yes, but for many of them, one of the motivating factors was their belief in a God who believes in freedom and justice.
I guess we now need to consider the Declaration of Independence an unconstitutional document because it has the phrase "endowed by their Creator" (if I remember correctly).
Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home