In my devotional time yesterday morning, I came across a couple of Scriptures I wanted to share out of 2 Corinthians 5:
v. 13: If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
I read that and I'm seeing the slogan: "Crazy for God's sake." :-)
v. 16a: So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.
For me I think this is one thing that God has been slowly teaching me over the past 2 years. When I have a meditative moment, I consider how incredibly complex I am as a human being - physiologically speaking, there are zillions of chemical reactions happening in perfect harmony to keep my body functioning in okay condition, mentally, I have my own thoughts, dreams, good and bad and painful memories, and so on so forth. When I then allow my eyes to see beyond myself, I realize that there are 6 billion other people in the world who are just as complex and wonderfully made by our Creator as I am. THAT is mind-blowing. It's really difficult, but really rewarding, to look at people not from a worldly point of view, but from God's point of view - to see each person not for what they do (coworker, janitor, bus driver, CEO) but instead that they are wonderfully and carefully made by God and God wants them back.
So as a challenge... the next time you find yourself unoccupied (waiting in line at the supermarket, waiting at a stop light, filling up on gas, riding the bus/BART, etc.), instead of just letting your mind go blank and veg, take a good look at the people around you... just see how special they are. Then try and just spend a few seconds praying for that person... it's really awesome.
v. 13: If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
I read that and I'm seeing the slogan: "Crazy for God's sake." :-)
v. 16a: So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.
For me I think this is one thing that God has been slowly teaching me over the past 2 years. When I have a meditative moment, I consider how incredibly complex I am as a human being - physiologically speaking, there are zillions of chemical reactions happening in perfect harmony to keep my body functioning in okay condition, mentally, I have my own thoughts, dreams, good and bad and painful memories, and so on so forth. When I then allow my eyes to see beyond myself, I realize that there are 6 billion other people in the world who are just as complex and wonderfully made by our Creator as I am. THAT is mind-blowing. It's really difficult, but really rewarding, to look at people not from a worldly point of view, but from God's point of view - to see each person not for what they do (coworker, janitor, bus driver, CEO) but instead that they are wonderfully and carefully made by God and God wants them back.
So as a challenge... the next time you find yourself unoccupied (waiting in line at the supermarket, waiting at a stop light, filling up on gas, riding the bus/BART, etc.), instead of just letting your mind go blank and veg, take a good look at the people around you... just see how special they are. Then try and just spend a few seconds praying for that person... it's really awesome.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home