"Q: How do you prepare to model worship?
A: I remain a student of worship. I don't want to become an expert on it. I want to be learning, so I'm listening. I listen to worship songs. I have an ongoing dialogue with God.
Worship is a conversation in progress. Worship is not just a gathering of people at a certain time around a certain idea. Worship is the joining of our spirits with anyone in the universe who is worshiping. It's like plugging into a current that's always on.
Worship enables me to gaze at the unseen, at the eternal. And in that, something happens in my heart that doesn't happen when I'm not worshiping.
So when I come to the platform to lead worship, the experience is a continuation of what's happening every other day of the week.
If I worship only on Sunday, I won't recognize the moment of God's presence when it comes."
- Joseph Garlington, "Finding the Grace Gates"
Good principle for me and other lead worshippers to remember.
A: I remain a student of worship. I don't want to become an expert on it. I want to be learning, so I'm listening. I listen to worship songs. I have an ongoing dialogue with God.
Worship is a conversation in progress. Worship is not just a gathering of people at a certain time around a certain idea. Worship is the joining of our spirits with anyone in the universe who is worshiping. It's like plugging into a current that's always on.
Worship enables me to gaze at the unseen, at the eternal. And in that, something happens in my heart that doesn't happen when I'm not worshiping.
So when I come to the platform to lead worship, the experience is a continuation of what's happening every other day of the week.
If I worship only on Sunday, I won't recognize the moment of God's presence when it comes."
- Joseph Garlington, "Finding the Grace Gates"
Good principle for me and other lead worshippers to remember.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home