For the three people that read this and don't know, I'll be going on vacation next week for the whole week. Sunday through Wednesday, I'll be chilling up in Lake Tahoe (although "chilling" isn't quite the correct word - according to http://www.weather.com, it should be in the 70s all week long!) with my buddies Danny and Cal from Berkeley. We'll hit up some golf (my first time on a course!), do some kayaking, ride bikes, hike, and just hang out. I'll then have Thursday and Friday to just relax, do some reading, and update this blog with the blog topics that have come to mind over the past 3 weeks that I haven't updated [sheepish grin].
While getting ready for vacation, I've been working quite intently and pretty darn hard this week... I find it somewhat ironic that scheduling an extended vacation into your yearly schedule can actually be the cause of more work/stress... but it's kinda turning out that way... there's a higher stress level as you get ready to go by making sure everything's taken care of at the office, then you have to prepare for travelling if you're travelling during your vacation, then there's stress when you come back as you try to catch up... to quote an old Calvin and Hobbes comic, who knew that recreation was such hard work?
While getting ready for vacation, I've been working quite intently and pretty darn hard this week... I find it somewhat ironic that scheduling an extended vacation into your yearly schedule can actually be the cause of more work/stress... but it's kinda turning out that way... there's a higher stress level as you get ready to go by making sure everything's taken care of at the office, then you have to prepare for travelling if you're travelling during your vacation, then there's stress when you come back as you try to catch up... to quote an old Calvin and Hobbes comic, who knew that recreation was such hard work?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home