Hope
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies. - Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. - Romans 8:23-25
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. - Hebrews 6:19
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. - Hebrews 10:23
Steven Curtis Chapman
With Hope - Speechless (1999)
This is not at all how we thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you, we had so many dreams
And now you've gone away and left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say and nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you... but chorus
Chorus
We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place by God's grace
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again
And never have I known anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more the wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears, I see the Father's smile and say "Well done"
And I imagine you where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home and now you're free... and chorus
We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything God promised us is true so chorus
We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope
Skillet
You Are My Hope - Alien Youth (2001)
Times are hard, times have changed, don't you say
But I keep holding on to You
It's hard to keep the faith alive day to day
Leaning on the strength I've found in You
You're the hope of all the Earth
Chorus
You are my hope
You are my strength
You're everything, everything I need
You are my hope
You are my life
You are my hope
You are my hope
Far beyond what I can see or comprehend
Etching Your eternity in me
Nations stream and angels sing, "Jesus Reigns"
And every knee bows down
You're the hope of all the earth chorus
Carry on and I sing of how
You love and I love You now
All the times that I start to sink
You come and You rescue me chorus
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies. - Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. - Romans 8:23-25
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. - Hebrews 6:19
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. - Hebrews 10:23
Steven Curtis Chapman
With Hope - Speechless (1999)
This is not at all how we thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you, we had so many dreams
And now you've gone away and left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say and nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you... but chorus
Chorus
We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place by God's grace
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again
And never have I known anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more the wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears, I see the Father's smile and say "Well done"
And I imagine you where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home and now you're free... and chorus
We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything God promised us is true so chorus
We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope
Skillet
You Are My Hope - Alien Youth (2001)
Times are hard, times have changed, don't you say
But I keep holding on to You
It's hard to keep the faith alive day to day
Leaning on the strength I've found in You
You're the hope of all the Earth
Chorus
You are my hope
You are my strength
You're everything, everything I need
You are my hope
You are my life
You are my hope
You are my hope
Far beyond what I can see or comprehend
Etching Your eternity in me
Nations stream and angels sing, "Jesus Reigns"
And every knee bows down
You're the hope of all the earth chorus
Carry on and I sing of how
You love and I love You now
All the times that I start to sink
You come and You rescue me chorus

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home