Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Hm, I haven't updated this thing in a while. I'll write about other stuff I'm thinking about later, but here's a quick update:

WORK: Boss is on vacation until next Monday, holding down the fort, things are productive but not stressful... kind of the way I like it.

MINISTRY: Currently in praying and planning stages for youth group for the upcoming year... I think the kids are starting to get a kind of cautious optimism about seeing God do things this year, tempered with a kind of doubt b/c they haven't seen a whole lot of change in the past few years.
- Praise Band... we bid a hearty farewell to Richard, our resident lead electric guitar, as he begins his college years over at Davis... hope God grows him tremendously spiritually, mentally, and socially... just let me know if you're ever back in town and wanna bust out a few solos on one of our Sundays.
- Men's Group... had a joint fun night last night with foosball, PS2, the Angels-Yankees game, and a conversation about comic books. Good times...

CURRENTLY READING: The Wounded Spirit, Frank Peretti - about how the taunts, abuse, and bullying that most children go through to some degree may permanently wound and scar our spirits which may twist us in bad directions when we're older, and how we can change this starting with our youngest children, using the Columbine and Paducah school massacres as possible theory support. Recently finished reading Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster (excellent book, one of my faves about the Christian lifestyle, and one I heartily recommend), The Life God Blesses by Jim Cymbala, and re-read The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy just for old times' sake.

CURRENT TV SHOW: Alias, ABC, Sunday nights at 9 pm. Season premiere was this past Sunday. I think they tied up too many of the plot points too neatly, but it was entertaining. Maybe I'll bust out the invisible type to comment on plot-specific points later...

CURRENT MUSIC: City On A Hill 2: Sing Alleluia, Various Artists. Great CD; great example of how a believer can meld art and creativity with worshipful lyrics to make music that's a cut above your standard cookie-cutter praise songs. Also recently got Learning to Breathe, Switchfoot; Psalms, Shane Barnard and Shane Everett; and The Anatomy of the Tongue In Cheek, Relient K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home