Ever get the sense that an upcoming period in your life will be significant in some way? Decisions to be made, work to be done, sleep to be lost, memories to be created?
I'm beginning to get that sense with the rest of this year.
Maybe nothing so grandiose as achieving a life goal or setting a completely different career course, but the way God's worked things out in my life coming up over the next month and a half, it's beginning to look as though I'll have some opportunities to be challenged, stretched, grown.
I alluded to my work situation in my last blog. Right now, things are a bit uncertain with regards to the redistribution of responsibilities moving forward - particularly with a fairly large task of releasing a product - and I'm the point man for my department. I feel both challenged and intimidated by this - challenged because I'll have the opportunity to learn new skills and interact with more and different people than I'm used to; intimidated because I feel woefully inexperienced and inadequate.
Ministry-wise, in a week or two the congregation at my church will be voting on new deacons for the upcoming year. I've been nominated as part of that potential pool. While it's exciting to consider the possibilities of being part of the deacon team and being able to serve more people and on a larger scale, it's also somewhat sobering to realize that if I'm to be effective in the areas of ministry I participate in, I need to focus on a few - and that would mean moving away from some of the parts of my life right now.
In men's group lately we've been studying Hebrews 11, the "Faith Hall of Fame", which makes reference to well-known men and women from the Old Testament Scriptures, and how they exhibited faith in God based in their knowledge and trust in God's unassailable and perfect character. I can only hope to grow in faith throughout the next two months as I see what lies ahead.
On a completely random note... for those of you in South Bay, have any of you noticed a cop car on the freeways and streets that's a Chevy Camaro sports car? I've seen it several times now, I don't know if there's more than one in the local police department. I wonder what it takes to get a coolio sports car as your cop car instead of one of the big, nondistinctive cruisers? Maybe we have a Magnum PI solving crimes here in South Bay.
I'm beginning to get that sense with the rest of this year.
Maybe nothing so grandiose as achieving a life goal or setting a completely different career course, but the way God's worked things out in my life coming up over the next month and a half, it's beginning to look as though I'll have some opportunities to be challenged, stretched, grown.
I alluded to my work situation in my last blog. Right now, things are a bit uncertain with regards to the redistribution of responsibilities moving forward - particularly with a fairly large task of releasing a product - and I'm the point man for my department. I feel both challenged and intimidated by this - challenged because I'll have the opportunity to learn new skills and interact with more and different people than I'm used to; intimidated because I feel woefully inexperienced and inadequate.
Ministry-wise, in a week or two the congregation at my church will be voting on new deacons for the upcoming year. I've been nominated as part of that potential pool. While it's exciting to consider the possibilities of being part of the deacon team and being able to serve more people and on a larger scale, it's also somewhat sobering to realize that if I'm to be effective in the areas of ministry I participate in, I need to focus on a few - and that would mean moving away from some of the parts of my life right now.
In men's group lately we've been studying Hebrews 11, the "Faith Hall of Fame", which makes reference to well-known men and women from the Old Testament Scriptures, and how they exhibited faith in God based in their knowledge and trust in God's unassailable and perfect character. I can only hope to grow in faith throughout the next two months as I see what lies ahead.
On a completely random note... for those of you in South Bay, have any of you noticed a cop car on the freeways and streets that's a Chevy Camaro sports car? I've seen it several times now, I don't know if there's more than one in the local police department. I wonder what it takes to get a coolio sports car as your cop car instead of one of the big, nondistinctive cruisers? Maybe we have a Magnum PI solving crimes here in South Bay.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home