Thursday, March 06, 2003

Some more rambles...

- Watched the end of the Kings-T-Wolves game last night. Great game... I remember a few years ago, watching Kevin Garnett play, I couldn't help but think that he was just a great athlete that was too weak to score inside. As I watched yesterday however, it's obvious that he's worked on his post footwork with his back to the basket, while still facing up his man regularly and using his quickness and length to take him off the dribble. Awesome player. Webber showed a lot of heart in the overtime as well, hitting a few tough jump hooks over KG and finding Divac with a behind-the-back pass for a layup. Along with McGrady, Kobe, Duncan, and Kidd, the league's in pretty good shape.

- Ford's commercial for the new Explorer (with the guys in the car wash) is officially the most annoying thing on TV right now. They just keep spouting off hip-hop catchphrases from yesteryear, like "I can dig it", "No doubt", "Tight"... grah. The fact that they play it on every commercial break during NBA games on ESPN (I'm guessing Ford's a sponsor of something) makes matters that much worse. So aggravating. Thank goodness for the mute button... and for ESPN2.

- CDs to buy:
Furthermore, Jars of Clay
Back Home, Caedmon's Call
The Beautiful Letdown, Switchfoot
No Name Face and Stanley Climbfall, Lifehouse
Divine Discontent, Sixpence None The Richer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home