Thursday, January 22, 2004

Sobering reminder of my own selfishness this morning...

As I was idling in my car on the freeway in the midst of a twice-as-long-as-usual 1 hour morning commute, my mind was filled with resentment. I had planned on getting in early to the office this morning since I need to leave early to head down to LA, but as the clock kept ticking I found myself mentally berating traffic lights that all seemed to have it in for me, the drivers who were clogging up lanes in front of me by doing last-minute lane changes, the highway planners who didn't realize the impact of taking away a lane... I was being very petty.

I then found myself swerving to avoid a detached, crushed bumper and broken glass from a 4-car accident on 237 East that was the cause of the slowdown. From what I could see, at least two of the cars were totaled. I pray that the drivers are okay.

God, forgive me for my selfishness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home