Funny NBA quotes
Happy New Year! Gonna recap my weekend in a minute, but first, here's a bunch of amusing quotes from NBA players and coaches culled from various sources:
Barkley: "I can not believe that Dan Rather didn't just kill Saddam Hussein when he was interviewing him, and that would have saved us all that money going to war."
Ernie Johnson: "How do you reckon Dan Rather would have pulled that off?"
Barkley: "He could have said 'Hey Saddam, let's go get something to eat' and then stabbed him in the neck with a fork. That could have saved us $26 billion dollars we're giving to Turkey. We could have used that money to fix the public school system here in America...You think a real fork or a salad fork?"
EJ: "I don't think a salad fork is getting it done."
"It's beyond explanation. It's mind-boggling. There are some things you can't understand -- the Kennedy assassination, where the aliens are hiding and our ups and downs. Oh, and Stonehenge." -- Troy Murphy, on Golden State's inconsistency.
"He's white normally, but he's really white now." -- Larry Brown, on Keith Van Horn being sick.
"I forgive him. He's my teammate, he made a mistake, and I can't retaliate, trying to fight him or beat him up, because I'm on probation, so I would get in trouble." -- Ruben Patterson, forgiving, sort of, Zach Randolph.
"If it was a statement from Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, you take it seriously. But you're talking about Chucky Atkins. It doesn't carry any weight." -- Jason Kidd, after Chucky Atkins said the Nets would always be second fiddle to the Knicks.
"Have you seen the And 1 Tour on TV? That's ruining the game for a generation of kids by convincing them that's basketball. It's not basketball. It's pure entertainment. It's not bad for what it is. But it's not going to help the U.S. reclaim its spot at the top of the basketball world. It's not going to help advance the game." -- Calvin Murphy, Hall of Famer.
"My thought on Rodman is this: I will keep an open mind, but I have concerns. Will a 42-year-old player be an asset or an asset without the 'e-t'?" -- Jeff Bzdelik, Denver coach.
"[We're] running on bloody stumps because we are shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly." -- Jeff Van Gundy, on the Rockets effort.
"He's keeping the fire at my back the whole time and I've got one glass of water. You have to understand, I've got one glass of water and he's got a whole lot of fire." -- Yao Ming, on Jeff Van Gundy.
See the full list here.
Happy New Year! Gonna recap my weekend in a minute, but first, here's a bunch of amusing quotes from NBA players and coaches culled from various sources:
Barkley: "I can not believe that Dan Rather didn't just kill Saddam Hussein when he was interviewing him, and that would have saved us all that money going to war."
Ernie Johnson: "How do you reckon Dan Rather would have pulled that off?"
Barkley: "He could have said 'Hey Saddam, let's go get something to eat' and then stabbed him in the neck with a fork. That could have saved us $26 billion dollars we're giving to Turkey. We could have used that money to fix the public school system here in America...You think a real fork or a salad fork?"
EJ: "I don't think a salad fork is getting it done."
"It's beyond explanation. It's mind-boggling. There are some things you can't understand -- the Kennedy assassination, where the aliens are hiding and our ups and downs. Oh, and Stonehenge." -- Troy Murphy, on Golden State's inconsistency.
"He's white normally, but he's really white now." -- Larry Brown, on Keith Van Horn being sick.
"I forgive him. He's my teammate, he made a mistake, and I can't retaliate, trying to fight him or beat him up, because I'm on probation, so I would get in trouble." -- Ruben Patterson, forgiving, sort of, Zach Randolph.
"If it was a statement from Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, you take it seriously. But you're talking about Chucky Atkins. It doesn't carry any weight." -- Jason Kidd, after Chucky Atkins said the Nets would always be second fiddle to the Knicks.
"Have you seen the And 1 Tour on TV? That's ruining the game for a generation of kids by convincing them that's basketball. It's not basketball. It's pure entertainment. It's not bad for what it is. But it's not going to help the U.S. reclaim its spot at the top of the basketball world. It's not going to help advance the game." -- Calvin Murphy, Hall of Famer.
"My thought on Rodman is this: I will keep an open mind, but I have concerns. Will a 42-year-old player be an asset or an asset without the 'e-t'?" -- Jeff Bzdelik, Denver coach.
"[We're] running on bloody stumps because we are shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly." -- Jeff Van Gundy, on the Rockets effort.
"He's keeping the fire at my back the whole time and I've got one glass of water. You have to understand, I've got one glass of water and he's got a whole lot of fire." -- Yao Ming, on Jeff Van Gundy.
See the full list here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home