Weekend in numbers
1.5 - extra hours stayed on Friday night to finish a release that I thought was scheduled for Monday. Most stressful part of the week is always at the end...
1 - time I got stolen from during Canaan's white elephant gift exchange Friday night at Torence and Nicole's (lost the Scrabble board game. Eventually ended up with the Uno card game with X-men characters on the cards)
5-6 - times Hanlin got stolen from
~30 - sausage/garlic cheese/cracker combos created and eaten from the gift obtained by Han and Joyce
~10 - said combos eaten by me (didn't eat dinner on Friday)
5 - number corresponding to day with most memorable lyric from the Couples' Cell Group parody of the "12 Days of Christmas" at Canaan's Christmas Celebration: "The 5th thing of Christmas we're looking forward to - TIME OFF FROM WORK!" (read as, "TIIIIIIIIIIIIME OFF FROM WOOOOOOOOOORK!!!!")
22 - chapter of Revelation we went through in Sunday School, the last chapter of the Bible. Even though we didn't actually go through the whole Bible (this time), always feels nice to read those last few verses.
7 - types of hot pot sauces provided by Luwen at dinner after youth counselors' meeting
15 - attempts by me to make baby Lucas smile, laugh, cry, respond in some way
0 - successful attempts. I can't get through to him anymore. Oh well.
142 - pounds I weigh, which was surprising because this is even lighter than I was in college. Also, earlier this year I was gaining weight. I usually don't fluctuate this much. I must be getting old.
2 - basketball sessions on Sunday (Farley 3:30-5 pm, JKuo's HS gym 8:30-11 pm)
9 - total number of games run (first to 11-12 baskets)
7-2 - overall record for my teams (went 6-0 in the night session)
12 - blocks by me
180 - degrees spun in the air by me after I got pump faked and undercut, landing full onto my left side. Had a brief flashback to bouncing my head off the driveway but strangely enough, didn't panic even while in midair... just tried to go limp
4 - bruised areas on my person (left knee, left fingers, left elbow, left shoulder)
3 - chapters read from The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
30 - hours until the 12:01 am showing of "Return of the King" tomorrow night
Random
You think maybe since the US military caught Saddam, they might be able to come home to be with their families during the holidays?
Youth Group did a great job with their skit at the Christmas celebration. Most of the audience even caught and laughed at the puns sprinkled throughout the dialogue. I think the only one that got missed was, "You know what my husband did his whole life? He made faces!" "Really?" "Yeah! He worked in a clock factory!"
Pastor Dan entertained a group of us at lunchtime yesterday by showing us his unique talents to tweet like a bird, whistle through his teeth, play his hands like a flute, and imitate a trumpet. Andrew N pulled off his badly-dubbed Chinese martial arts movie impression.
Christmas is almost here!
1.5 - extra hours stayed on Friday night to finish a release that I thought was scheduled for Monday. Most stressful part of the week is always at the end...
1 - time I got stolen from during Canaan's white elephant gift exchange Friday night at Torence and Nicole's (lost the Scrabble board game. Eventually ended up with the Uno card game with X-men characters on the cards)
5-6 - times Hanlin got stolen from
~30 - sausage/garlic cheese/cracker combos created and eaten from the gift obtained by Han and Joyce
~10 - said combos eaten by me (didn't eat dinner on Friday)
5 - number corresponding to day with most memorable lyric from the Couples' Cell Group parody of the "12 Days of Christmas" at Canaan's Christmas Celebration: "The 5th thing of Christmas we're looking forward to - TIME OFF FROM WORK!" (read as, "TIIIIIIIIIIIIME OFF FROM WOOOOOOOOOORK!!!!")
22 - chapter of Revelation we went through in Sunday School, the last chapter of the Bible. Even though we didn't actually go through the whole Bible (this time), always feels nice to read those last few verses.
7 - types of hot pot sauces provided by Luwen at dinner after youth counselors' meeting
15 - attempts by me to make baby Lucas smile, laugh, cry, respond in some way
0 - successful attempts. I can't get through to him anymore. Oh well.
142 - pounds I weigh, which was surprising because this is even lighter than I was in college. Also, earlier this year I was gaining weight. I usually don't fluctuate this much. I must be getting old.
2 - basketball sessions on Sunday (Farley 3:30-5 pm, JKuo's HS gym 8:30-11 pm)
9 - total number of games run (first to 11-12 baskets)
7-2 - overall record for my teams (went 6-0 in the night session)
12 - blocks by me
180 - degrees spun in the air by me after I got pump faked and undercut, landing full onto my left side. Had a brief flashback to bouncing my head off the driveway but strangely enough, didn't panic even while in midair... just tried to go limp
4 - bruised areas on my person (left knee, left fingers, left elbow, left shoulder)
3 - chapters read from The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
30 - hours until the 12:01 am showing of "Return of the King" tomorrow night
Random
You think maybe since the US military caught Saddam, they might be able to come home to be with their families during the holidays?
Youth Group did a great job with their skit at the Christmas celebration. Most of the audience even caught and laughed at the puns sprinkled throughout the dialogue. I think the only one that got missed was, "You know what my husband did his whole life? He made faces!" "Really?" "Yeah! He worked in a clock factory!"
Pastor Dan entertained a group of us at lunchtime yesterday by showing us his unique talents to tweet like a bird, whistle through his teeth, play his hands like a flute, and imitate a trumpet. Andrew N pulled off his badly-dubbed Chinese martial arts movie impression.
Christmas is almost here!

<< Home