Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Random thoughts

- This article sums up the way that I feel about the Lakers right now. Despite the fact that I'll be a Laker hater as long as Shaq is on the team, the fact is they are the best team in basketball right now by far. It's sort of like that feeling you get when you're playing pickup basketball and the team that's got next is stacked... just a frustrated helplessness because they're legitly put together, but it doesn't seem fair somehow.

- Praise God for the little gift of sunlight Sunday that dried up the wet ground and gave us the opportunity to play basketball. I learned that I am indeed getting old - my left quad and right hamstring were still sore from Turkey Bowl! Distress. I'm not even sure how you rehab this... I'm just trying to stretch them out regularly.

- Why is it that most people look straight down at the ground when they walk? Is it because people are abnormally humble? Because the front part of the brain is heavier than the back part, and so the head is unbalanced? Because most people don't develop their neck muscles? Because people are worried about tripping over something directly in front of them? Because people have low self-esteem? I find that I begin to droop my head unconsciously as well, so I'm trying to make a concerted effort to keep my head up. There's a lot of beauty out there if you just look.

- Re-reading The Return of the King to get hyped for next Wednesday's release. It's nice to know that in an entertainment industry filled with a lot of fluff, there are some franchises that you can count on to produce quality entertainment.

- Current CDs: So Much for Substitutes (downhere), Clear to Venus (Andrew Peterson), Twilight (Shaun Groves), Much Afraid (Jars of Clay), Stanley Climbfall (Lifehouse), Long Line of Leavers (Caedmon's Call). In the queue: Kind of Blue (Miles Davis). Haven't listened to much jazz, but this one is supposed to be a classic, so I'll give it a try. In that vein, in an effort to broaden my horizons, I'm trying to read/listen/watch "classic" works from literature/music/cinema, so if you have any recommendations, I'd like to hear them.

- No more Alias for the rest of the calendar year. Guess I'll have to get by on watching season 2 of 24 on DVD.

- These next few weeks should be lighter at work, so I'll actually be able to go home for dinner. Next Q1 however (Jan-March) will be extremely busy yet again. Not sure if this is what I bargained for coming in, but I'm learning to adjust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home