Short thoughts on worship
A friend asked me to answer a few questions on worship as part of a discipleship assignment. Here's what I wrote in response:
What does worship mean to you?
Worship is the response of imperfect, sinful man to a holy and perfect God. Worship encompasses all of life (1 Cor 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.") To me, worship is my life (Romans 12:1-2) as I enjoy the process of God changing me into the likeness of Jesus Christ through the renewal of my mind, the development of a desire for holiness, and the refinement/purification of my heart. Worship is the process of experiencing the fullness of life Jesus promises in John 10:10 ("I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.")
How do you worship God daily?
I recognize that the day is a gift. I don't just worship when I'm doing "church stuff", but my work, my relationships, my thoughts, my words, my deeds are all opportunities to bring glory to and magnify the God who is changing me. As I read Scripture in the morning and spend time in prayer for myself, those around me, and the world, in my mind I commit my life on this day to be worship - that God would redeem my time for His purposes, whatever they might be.
My expressions of worship can take different forms, but I think that in a nutshell, the way I express worship is to continually strive for excellence, for God's best, to never settle. God did not withhold His best from me by straying from the path of the cross, so I desire each day to offer my life to God the best that I can.
A friend asked me to answer a few questions on worship as part of a discipleship assignment. Here's what I wrote in response:
What does worship mean to you?
Worship is the response of imperfect, sinful man to a holy and perfect God. Worship encompasses all of life (1 Cor 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.") To me, worship is my life (Romans 12:1-2) as I enjoy the process of God changing me into the likeness of Jesus Christ through the renewal of my mind, the development of a desire for holiness, and the refinement/purification of my heart. Worship is the process of experiencing the fullness of life Jesus promises in John 10:10 ("I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.")
How do you worship God daily?
I recognize that the day is a gift. I don't just worship when I'm doing "church stuff", but my work, my relationships, my thoughts, my words, my deeds are all opportunities to bring glory to and magnify the God who is changing me. As I read Scripture in the morning and spend time in prayer for myself, those around me, and the world, in my mind I commit my life on this day to be worship - that God would redeem my time for His purposes, whatever they might be.
My expressions of worship can take different forms, but I think that in a nutshell, the way I express worship is to continually strive for excellence, for God's best, to never settle. God did not withhold His best from me by straying from the path of the cross, so I desire each day to offer my life to God the best that I can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home