Quick weekend recap
- jammed with Byron on guitar on Friday night, and again with the praise band Saturday morning, where we spontaneously flipped through the songbook and played praise songs in country/blues/ska style. I need to get an electric guitar.
- discussed the chapter on "Study" from Celebration of Disciplinewith my bro Sat. afternoon, and agreed that to put this spiritual discipline into practice, he'd lead a Bible study for the two of us next time we meet.
- hung out at Byron/Walter/Eon's place plotting JT's birthday dinner, and discussing praise songs that are difficult to sing for most people, as well as old school basketball players. For you fantasy leaguers agape at Andrei Kirilenko's 2.5 stls/blks per game, remember that back in '91-'92, David Robinson averaged 2.3 stls/4.7 blks. Also, most probably don't remember that Larry Bird averaged 24, 10, and 6 over his career.
- thought-provoking sermon from Pastor Tim on not dwelling on the past, but instead taking grasp of the newness in life that Christ offers. I have several thoughts from the past few weeks' sermons that I need to consolidate.
- participated in JT's birthday, which turned my stomach because the theme was to swamp this Cal grad in as much red as possible. As a fellow Cal grad, it was all I could do to sit idly by and not tear down all the red streamers. After cake, a bunch of us hung out tossing a ball around a room and periodically pounding Karen with pillows every time she stole our toy. I have to think that it takes a special group of people to spend hours throwing a ball around a room, or trying to pelt a balloon on the ceiling with bean bags (Halloween), and have fun doing it.
- jammed with Byron on guitar on Friday night, and again with the praise band Saturday morning, where we spontaneously flipped through the songbook and played praise songs in country/blues/ska style. I need to get an electric guitar.
- discussed the chapter on "Study" from Celebration of Disciplinewith my bro Sat. afternoon, and agreed that to put this spiritual discipline into practice, he'd lead a Bible study for the two of us next time we meet.
- hung out at Byron/Walter/Eon's place plotting JT's birthday dinner, and discussing praise songs that are difficult to sing for most people, as well as old school basketball players. For you fantasy leaguers agape at Andrei Kirilenko's 2.5 stls/blks per game, remember that back in '91-'92, David Robinson averaged 2.3 stls/4.7 blks. Also, most probably don't remember that Larry Bird averaged 24, 10, and 6 over his career.
- thought-provoking sermon from Pastor Tim on not dwelling on the past, but instead taking grasp of the newness in life that Christ offers. I have several thoughts from the past few weeks' sermons that I need to consolidate.
- participated in JT's birthday, which turned my stomach because the theme was to swamp this Cal grad in as much red as possible. As a fellow Cal grad, it was all I could do to sit idly by and not tear down all the red streamers. After cake, a bunch of us hung out tossing a ball around a room and periodically pounding Karen with pillows every time she stole our toy. I have to think that it takes a special group of people to spend hours throwing a ball around a room, or trying to pelt a balloon on the ceiling with bean bags (Halloween), and have fun doing it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home