Thursday, July 01, 2004

What've I been up to lately?

Work - We finally released! The release that's been hanging over our heads for the last month finally shipped this past Monday. It hasn't been much of a relief though, since we're diving right back into our next aggressive deadline in a few weeks and a major feature release at the end of August. In other words, I'll still be staring at long nights and exhaustion for the next two months. I need to pray to make it through with the right attitude and joyful focus.

Mexico - Intending to go for a week to Mexico in August with YUGO, assuming things work out logistically with the team from our church. We'd be working with grade-school age kids, which isn't my strong suit, so I'll probably be challenged greatly in this way, among other ones. There are still several things to work out (currently the team is very, very small) but I'm gradually getting more excited to go.

Current book - De Vez En Cuando, by Rick Johnson, one of the missionaries Canaan supports, who's based in Mexico. It's helped get me excited about going.

Current CD - "Divine Invitation" by Something Like Silas, a new band out of San Diego. I've only listened to half of it so far, but it's excellent vertical music with skillful instrumentation and lyrics that probe deeper than your typical worship chorus. Good stuff.

NBA - it's always fun when your favorite teams are involved in the mix for the major free agents out there, with the Spurs pursuing Kobe and the Warriors utilizing Damp's career year to attempt to land a couple of good prospects.

Kayaking - Had a company outing yesterday where we kayaked around Moss Landing (Elkhorn Slough) and then had dinner at the Crow's Nest in Santa Cruz. Gorgeous day - not too hot or cold (even for NorCal coastline), a good workout from rowing, and got to hang out with some sea otters who were floating on top of the water. Also tossed the frisbee around on the beach, trying to work on my forehand, before having a broiled bass over greens for dinner (on the company dime). Good times.

Have a few posts on work and life reflections to write up in the next few days, but in the meantime I found this online and thought it worth posting:

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.

I tried it and it goes as it says. I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home