Odds and ends
While my ants post below was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, Richard, in an IM conversation, made the good point that it doesn't make sense to gripe about things that are doing what they were created to do. People in other times and other parts of the world have probably adapted better to handling these little critters on a regular basis... why is it that they are considered nuisances in this particular society? Something to think about.
41-14. Roll on you Bears! This offense is looking almost NFL-quality. Good balance of smashmouth running and timely passing... almost reminscent of the late '90s Broncos with Elway and Terrell Davis.
Helped wash quite a few of our neighbors' cars (30-something) today as part of the Canaan community car wash today... 'twas gorgeous weather, and it's also sometimes a lot of fun to work with your hands. Maybe we'll have the opportunity to see some of our visitors at our church sometime. In the evening, a bunch of us hung out at Torence and Nicole's place in Fremont where we rediscovered the fun of Mario Tennis and experienced bocce ball for the first time.
Lyric snippet of the day: "Crooked Deep Down", Derek Webb's meditation on how deep down, we are despicable people and all equally in need of a Savior. The second stanza particularly rings true during those times where I find myself grappling hard with my own weakness and inability to be holy.
My life looks good I do confess
You can ask anyone
Just don’t ask my real good friends 'cause they will lie to you
Or worse, they'll tell the truth
‘Cause there are things you would not believe that travel into my mind
I swear I try and capture them
But I always set them free
It seems bad things comfort me 'cause
Good lord I’m crooked deep down
Everyone is crooked deep down
While my ants post below was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, Richard, in an IM conversation, made the good point that it doesn't make sense to gripe about things that are doing what they were created to do. People in other times and other parts of the world have probably adapted better to handling these little critters on a regular basis... why is it that they are considered nuisances in this particular society? Something to think about.
41-14. Roll on you Bears! This offense is looking almost NFL-quality. Good balance of smashmouth running and timely passing... almost reminscent of the late '90s Broncos with Elway and Terrell Davis.
Helped wash quite a few of our neighbors' cars (30-something) today as part of the Canaan community car wash today... 'twas gorgeous weather, and it's also sometimes a lot of fun to work with your hands. Maybe we'll have the opportunity to see some of our visitors at our church sometime. In the evening, a bunch of us hung out at Torence and Nicole's place in Fremont where we rediscovered the fun of Mario Tennis and experienced bocce ball for the first time.
Lyric snippet of the day: "Crooked Deep Down", Derek Webb's meditation on how deep down, we are despicable people and all equally in need of a Savior. The second stanza particularly rings true during those times where I find myself grappling hard with my own weakness and inability to be holy.
My life looks good I do confess
You can ask anyone
Just don’t ask my real good friends 'cause they will lie to you
Or worse, they'll tell the truth
‘Cause there are things you would not believe that travel into my mind
I swear I try and capture them
But I always set them free
It seems bad things comfort me 'cause
Good lord I’m crooked deep down
Everyone is crooked deep down

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home