Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Quick Update

Aside from this weekend (where I intend to be in LA for Ted/Anna's wedding), I'm going to be rather scarce for a while:

"As such, I am putting on a requirement for the team to come in to work on weekends (Sat. and Sundays) till we have this release out of the door. In the past, I have been very careful as not to abuse this privilege. But this is a critical moment now. I think it is not an unreasonable requirement for any companies (big or small) when the deadline needs to be met.

Please arrange you weekend schedule accordingly as you have one full week of notice ahead. And please come in normal business hours on the weekend to make it efficient and be considerate for other folks who are in the office on time...

Thanks for your support and thank you for your family's support!"

I'll have to keep sane by trying to stay involved in people's lives remotely rather than in person. We'll see how things go.

One thing I learned this weekend... I have good on-court chemistry with mobile big men running pick and rolls in the half-court offense. However, when I stand around too much waiting for the double and the kickout, I'm not nearly as effective. Too bad Hubert will be moving in November, I think I play particularly well with him.

Also had the opportunity to scare Brian out of his wits on Saturday for a surprise birthday celebration. Kudos to Sherry for organizing a fun get-together with friends from a bunch of different circles, and for prepping massive amounts of sashimi mailed fresh that day from some retailer in San Diego.

After 6 years of no hassles, my guitar is finally giving me a challenge - the pickup jack for the quarter-inch cable came loose and fell into the body of the guitar, and now it's just rattling around in there. I'm going to try to fix it on my own by removing the strings and reaching in with my hand to brace and screw it back in; here's hoping my hand and arm are small enough to get all the way to the edge of the guitar body.

Funny website of the week: Despair.com :-(. Hilarious. The captions are witty and some of the pictures are poignantly absurd. I particularly like this one:



The original Star Wars trilogy came out on DVD today. I'll be picking it up shortly, I'm sure. There has been plenty of hype on TV surrounding the DVD release, such as examining the historical impact of the films on popular culture. I used to be quite the encyclopedic fan... that fervor has cooled off the last few years as the quality of much of the material, ranging from Eps 1-2 to various books and games, has trailed off quite a bit. Plus, I suppose I have more areas to devote my energy and interest in...

Here's a good website detailing some of the picture-quality changes made to the DVD version.

To come in future posts - some thoughts on Pastor Tim's sermon on Sunday, my two "team-first" 5-man NBA squads forming a 10-man rotation, and some reflections on work and life, including why I'm taking the GRE in a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home