Working on a longer post. In the meantime, some random stuff and a tribute...
I actually did some cooking this past Saturday, albeit under direction from Mom, to prepare lunch for Canaan's worship ministry servants as an appreciation for 2004. Pasta with Aidell's sausage, salad, bbq wings (Costco) and potato wedges (homemade), cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, and a couple of other snacks. I guess things turned out okay.
Hung out some with Eva and her fiance Eric on Saturday night, chatting about things ranging from sports to being a doctor in Baltimore to poker to wedding preparation to how the Chen's family dog Goofy runs the entire household.
The sermon at Canaan from Pastor Tim resonated with me deeply since the way he presented Scripture (John 3:22-30) speaks to my current mental and life state. While considering things like priorities, dreams, responsibilities, and goals, I need to learn and remember that "(Jesus) must become greater, I must become less" (John 3:30). Can I learn to simplify my life in order to go deeper into a few things? Can I learn to give myself over to the Lord's presence, and not just His work? What is God's mission statement for my life? What is my plan for growth into this mission?
Hung out with a bunch of folks Sunday evening and watched the premiere of Iron Chef America (the challenger got robbed - you know that they threw the contest to the Iron Chef since he can't lose in the premiere!) as well as the World Bartending Championships, which was quite impressive with bartenders bouncing bottles off their elbows and stalling them on various parts of their body before mixing a drink. This sparked a discussion with a coworker about "What makes up a sport?" that I'll probably cover in another post.
Finally, this is a day late, but still worthwhile for a man who was flawed, but has had such an impact on the world that it is meaningful to remember his contributions to justice and societal freedom. U2 wrote this song and dedicated it to Martin Luther King Jr.
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." - Jesus Christ (from John 15:12-14)
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
One man come in the name of love
One man come and go
One man come, he to justify
One man to overthrow
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
One man caught on a barbed wire fence
One man he resist
One man washed on an empty beach.
One man betrayed with a kiss
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
Early morning, April 4
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your pride
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love...
I actually did some cooking this past Saturday, albeit under direction from Mom, to prepare lunch for Canaan's worship ministry servants as an appreciation for 2004. Pasta with Aidell's sausage, salad, bbq wings (Costco) and potato wedges (homemade), cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, and a couple of other snacks. I guess things turned out okay.
Hung out some with Eva and her fiance Eric on Saturday night, chatting about things ranging from sports to being a doctor in Baltimore to poker to wedding preparation to how the Chen's family dog Goofy runs the entire household.
The sermon at Canaan from Pastor Tim resonated with me deeply since the way he presented Scripture (John 3:22-30) speaks to my current mental and life state. While considering things like priorities, dreams, responsibilities, and goals, I need to learn and remember that "(Jesus) must become greater, I must become less" (John 3:30). Can I learn to simplify my life in order to go deeper into a few things? Can I learn to give myself over to the Lord's presence, and not just His work? What is God's mission statement for my life? What is my plan for growth into this mission?
Hung out with a bunch of folks Sunday evening and watched the premiere of Iron Chef America (the challenger got robbed - you know that they threw the contest to the Iron Chef since he can't lose in the premiere!) as well as the World Bartending Championships, which was quite impressive with bartenders bouncing bottles off their elbows and stalling them on various parts of their body before mixing a drink. This sparked a discussion with a coworker about "What makes up a sport?" that I'll probably cover in another post.
Finally, this is a day late, but still worthwhile for a man who was flawed, but has had such an impact on the world that it is meaningful to remember his contributions to justice and societal freedom. U2 wrote this song and dedicated it to Martin Luther King Jr.
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." - Jesus Christ (from John 15:12-14)
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
One man come in the name of love
One man come and go
One man come, he to justify
One man to overthrow
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
One man caught on a barbed wire fence
One man he resist
One man washed on an empty beach.
One man betrayed with a kiss
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
Early morning, April 4
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your pride
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home