Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Thanksgiving in short

Quote of the weekend:

"You know what I realized? If it wasn't for girls, I'd be wearing the same clothes everyday." -- Sam H

Amen to that.

Incidentally, a red throw rug accidentally got thrown into my whites laundry on Thursday... so now I need to buy some new clothes. Pink's not my color, sorry. But man, I hate clothes shopping unless it's for athletic shoes.

Pretty chill weekend this year... Turkey Bowl was less pain-inducing than previous years, probably because I just rushed the QB and ultimately didn't do a whole lot. A big turkey-and-hot-pot dinner with extended family, and braved the insane Black Friday crowd at Fry's to pick up an external 160 GB hard drive that will be $70 after rebate. Gonna go watch "The Shining" in a few minutes, then church, hoops, and the end of the long weekend tomorrow.

A&E was playing a 24 season 1 marathon yesterday. What a great show. Season 1 might have had the "smallest" threat, but felt the most human and most real. Can't wait for season 5 to show up in January.

One of my favorite Warrior whipping boys, Troy Murphy is actually playing quite well. He still can't defend his position or box out, which annoys me to no end, but offensively he has added a low post game and driving to the hoop out of the triple-threat stance which make him much more effective. If he keeps improving, he may turn out to be a keeper after all. Now Dunleavy has to wake up and Baron has to start hitting his shots.

It's been fun reading various people's blogs with lists of what they're thankful for. As for me? Well, I'll eventually write out a long post on the idea of entitlement, but as trite as it sounds, I'm striving to be thankful for everything, because I don't deserve anything good. To close this post, two great perspective-giving quotes from Rich Mullins:

"God doesn't have to be good to anybody. He doesn't owe us the breath we breathe. I figure if God has given us salvation, that's way more than we deserve, and I won't judge Him for not giving me something else."

"As a disclaimer to everything I've ever said or everything I ever will say, when it's all said and done we'll only have two things left to say: One is 'Forgive me' and the other is 'Thank you.'"

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home