Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Two Years in the Rat Race

Today is my 2-year anniversary with this company, and since this is my first full-time job, as of today I've worked for 2 years.

This is where I'm obligated to say, "Where did those 2 years go? Man, time flies by so fast." Thankfully, I can't really say that... while it amazes me that I've been in this working stage of my life for 2 years already, it doesn't feel like the time flew by... I can look back at those 2 years and see all the things I've learned about people and about the working world, and it's been worthwhile. Career-wise, this is apparently a significant milestone for me as well - I remember back when I was looking for a job, whenever I was at a job fair talking to a recruiter, their first question was always, "Do you have 2 years of experience?" When I answered that I was a new college grad, their level of interest seemed to drop precipitously. So, from here on out, at least I'll be able to get past the recruiters' initial question.

Still planning to blog on the weekend and other random musings that I've been thinking about lately... hopefully that'll come soon (tonight perhaps).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home