Monday, March 17, 2003

Week just started and I'm already swamped. Quick takes:

- I don't envy weathermen their job. They spend all of last week saying that there's gonna be a huge storm blowing into the Bay Area from Thursday through Sunday, and it turns out that Saturday and Sunday afternoon are gorgeous.
- Congrats to my friends B and M, who got engaged on Saturday! I got to see the ring last week... bling, bling. These two friends, who I met at church in Jan of 2001, helped me transition to post-college life since they were also new to the area.
- March Madness is here. Unfortunately, I'm not really a college hoops kind of guy. This year, I'm in 3 brackets - 2 Yahoo ones (men's group and Cal buddies) and an office one... I think I'll just go through and pick by hunches. Why not? Go Bears!
- Good sermon on Sunday from Dr. Hans Wilhelm, one of the missionaries that my church supports, speaking on the topic of "Fear" from Psalm 46. In times as unsettled as this around the world - trusting God in the midst of turmoil takes on a whole new meaning.
- While the G35 is a nice car to drive... it gets pretty bad gas mileage... I drive fairly conservatively and only got 20 mpg. I get 23.5-24.5 regularly on my Volvo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home