It's like a bonus... part 2
Some more highlights...
Providential timing
After a full day of fun on Sunday, I was looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing today, but God apparently had other plans for my morning. I got a call Sunday night from Tsolmon and Sebastian, two Mongolian international students that have been coming to my church, who needed a last-minute favor in driving their friend to SFO at 6 in the morning. It was a real blessing being able to serve them in this way, while not needing to suffer by going to work on 4 hours of sleep. If I hadn't taken the day off, it would have been a lot harder to volunteer, so I'm glad God gave me the opportunity. Apparently they've been talking about Jesus to some of their visiting friends, and I think there's an awesome opportunity for our church to train and commission native workers and missionaries who will be effective for God when they return. Pray for them.
Hoops
For the first time in quite a while, I had the chance to play ball on a weekday. Headed out to Fair Oaks Park with Eric, Andy H, Ben T, Caleb, Hideyo, and a few other folks and had my best game in a while. I'm beginning to suspect that playing in the cool of the evening rather than under the blazing Sunday afternoon sun has a psychological boost to my level of play, since I don't get tired as quickly and am more willing to run. I was pleased with my cuts and passing, and made the majority of my open jump shots, and in general felt better than I have in a while. I want to bottle up this feeling and use it again and again in the coming weeks...
Success!
Gained:
- new basketball shoes from Foot Locker
- 2 pairs cargo pants
- 1 pair cargo shorts
- 1 tie (on loan from uncle)
Can you believe that ties can cost anywhere from $40-$100? Madness!
Things I didn't get to do this weekend that I originally wanted to
- wash the car
- study for the GRE
- do some more writing
Back to the daily grind tomorrow... but wow, taking this day off was a great idea. I have to do this more often.
Some more highlights...
Providential timing
After a full day of fun on Sunday, I was looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing today, but God apparently had other plans for my morning. I got a call Sunday night from Tsolmon and Sebastian, two Mongolian international students that have been coming to my church, who needed a last-minute favor in driving their friend to SFO at 6 in the morning. It was a real blessing being able to serve them in this way, while not needing to suffer by going to work on 4 hours of sleep. If I hadn't taken the day off, it would have been a lot harder to volunteer, so I'm glad God gave me the opportunity. Apparently they've been talking about Jesus to some of their visiting friends, and I think there's an awesome opportunity for our church to train and commission native workers and missionaries who will be effective for God when they return. Pray for them.
Hoops
For the first time in quite a while, I had the chance to play ball on a weekday. Headed out to Fair Oaks Park with Eric, Andy H, Ben T, Caleb, Hideyo, and a few other folks and had my best game in a while. I'm beginning to suspect that playing in the cool of the evening rather than under the blazing Sunday afternoon sun has a psychological boost to my level of play, since I don't get tired as quickly and am more willing to run. I was pleased with my cuts and passing, and made the majority of my open jump shots, and in general felt better than I have in a while. I want to bottle up this feeling and use it again and again in the coming weeks...
Success!
Gained:
- new basketball shoes from Foot Locker
- 2 pairs cargo pants
- 1 pair cargo shorts
- 1 tie (on loan from uncle)
Can you believe that ties can cost anywhere from $40-$100? Madness!
Things I didn't get to do this weekend that I originally wanted to
- wash the car
- study for the GRE
- do some more writing
Back to the daily grind tomorrow... but wow, taking this day off was a great idea. I have to do this more often.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home