Friday, June 10, 2005

Random Notes

Congratulations to the high school class of 2005! At Canaan, that would be: David, Kristin, Becky, Joe, and Rubina. May God meet you in a way that you've never experienced before while you're in college.

I went to Lynbrook HS's graduation last night. Used to be that going to HS graduations, I could see people around my year because their siblings were graduating. Now, even the siblings of my friends are graduating college.

Two separate people asked me if I was watching the first quarter of the Spurs-Pistons game last night, due to the 17-4 lead Detroit stormed out to. Nope, I didn't watch any of the game till I got home at 10 pm, and even then I had kept myself from knowing the outcome of the game until the end. Even considering the bad call where BWallace was called for the block rather than drawing the charge, Manu completely and utterly took over in the second half. Steals, rebounds, threes, and the ever-popular off-balance forays into the lane with either hand. Top this all off with a move I haven't seen in a game situation before - late in the quarter, he drove hard from the right wing to the hoop, extended for a finger roll, then thought better of it and jammed it down. You've gotta have some big hands to do that.

This series could probably be recorded and used as a coaching instructional manual in later years. I greatly enjoy breaking down defensive rotations and substitution patterns, adjustments that need to be made due to time and foul situation... unlike many media members, I felt that last night's game was anything but boring.

Looks like Duncan is getting some instruction from the Dream himself. Maybe he can add the Dream Shake to his repetoire.

This article (plucked from Alvin's site) gives hope to geeks like me. Maybe I do have a chance!

Why women live longer than men.. Why think through potentially bad consequences if something's gonna get the job done?

"Revenge of the Sith" in short. Even though I enjoyed RotS as a whole, this was pretty funny. And at least Lucas acknowledges that he is the king of wooden dialogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home