Friday, July 18, 2003

I feel smarter already

A part of the "cultural education" I alluded to in the post below at my company is that we have Indian food once or twice a week (typical dinner menu goes - Chinese-Italian-Chinese-Indian-wildcard, with wildcard ranging from pizza to Korean). For Indian, we get a few curries from a local place and cook our own rice. One of the dishes we order is brain. I'm not sure what animal it's from - goat possibly? I was skeptical at first, but it's actually quite tasty. I typically help myself to a few big spoonfuls to accompany the chicken masala.

Why are all these people after me?

My sleep dreams range from the extraordinarily mundane (sitting around talking about nothing) to the quite exciting and action-packed.

In the former category, one rather odd thing I've found is that sometimes the mundane scene I dreamed about will actually happen in real life some time later. I'll be hanging out with people when someone says something that triggers my dream memory, and I know who's gonna speak next and what he/she's gonna say. Does this happen to anyone else?

In the latter, I've had dreams ranging from being chased by raptors, to being sorta like a John McClane character in Die Hard where I'm in a multi-story building fighting terrorists hand-to-hand. The annoying thing is that in almost all my dreams, I don't get happy endings - a raptor jumps on me, and in the Die Hard scenario, I was struggling to wrestle a shotgun away from the head bad guy when he managed to orient it towards my torso and blow a hole in my stomach. I looked down and I could see it. Weird huh?

Last night's dream fit into the latter category. For some reason, my brother and I were on the run from people who wanted to catch us for some reason that I can no longer remember. I do remember getting into a fistfight with one more highly-skilled adversary, and just as he got me into a joint lock and was going to break my arm, I woke up.

What a way to start the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home