Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Weekend recap 2003/06/28 - 2003/06/29

Saturday, had praise band practice for the first time since I started having forearm pain. Surprisingly, playing guitar wasn't any problem at all, thank God. I think I'll still avoid playing too much during the week as a precaution, however. Since it's summertime, Richard's back from Davis, and Andy Y joined us this past weekend, giving us pretty much a full band: acoustic, electric, bass, drums, piano, male lead vocal, female vocal, male harmonizing vocal (could've added a female harmonizing vocal but that might have been too overwhelming... heheh). You can get a pretty good wall-of-sound effect going with that kind of setup.

We prepped a medley of "Love Song for a Savior" and "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" for the Sunday worship service. I don't know about everyone else, but I had fun trying to figure out harmonies, guitar/drum fills, and other musical nuances. I think I also gained a new appreciation for just how intricate professional music can be. Layers upon layers...

Saturday night, hung out with some old-school Canaan people: Eric, Charles, Jeff, Mike, Karen, as well as Ben T from Cal, as something of a belated birthday celebration for Eric. Andy H and Jenny stopped by as well. Was gonna order some prepared ribs from the Nob Hill deli but they ran out just as I called. Grrr. Got to see some top-notch poker playing.

Sunday at church, saw that Tomio and Alice were back from their honeymoon. Everyone else was commenting that they looked "older" and/or "more mature." George called it "the glow of marriage." Hm, didn't know ol' George had a poetic side. Anyway, I didn't think they looked that much different. Since the church ran out of lunch food, went to In'N'Out with them and Eric and Karen and got to hear stories about Europe.

That afternoon in an attempt to be disciplined about allowing my arms to heal, I took a break from basketball. Argh... but, was able to spend some time hanging out with Byron and Maria, helping them to wash their cars, before heading off to JT's housewarming. A hearty "Nicely done!" to JT for the way he set up his house/furniture etc. Last time I was there, I helped take a box containing his desk up to his room.

Finished off the weekend with a youth counselors' meeting and two (count 'em, two!) episodes of 24.

Observation: when I look back on my blog some time from now, it'll seem like my entire life consisted of weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home