More ramblings
Had a good, low-key weekend. Saturday was a day of music, as we had praise band practice for Sunday worship on Saturday morning, practice for a Saturday praise and prayer night (PPN) on Saturday afternoon, then the PPN itself. I'm starting to get the hang of sound tech duties in addition to everything else. All in all, good time of musical worship and prayer, all day long.
Hung out with Danny at night in Mountain View. We went the Asian route and grabbed Tapioca Express, even though both of us aren't very "Asian" and typically don't frequent these hangouts, but it was open and I had a free drink from a frequent-buyer card that I could use (the card filled up when I acted as delivery service for some of our church members going to Mexico for missions in two weeks). Caught up on each other's happenings, discussed college friends, talked some sports, and expressed amused consternation at our similar situations where all of a sudden, parental types are giving us more pressure about being single.
A while back in youth group, the youth members expressed interest in hearing "exciting stories" of believers out in the field. Perhaps Rick Johnson's stories of Mexico and the Amazon enthralled them this past Sunday. Among the highlights... looking at ants the size of my thumbnail, drinking banana-snot-water, examining piranha teeth, and having an up-close-and-personal encounter with an anaconda. 'Twas also exciting and encouraging to hear stories about the ways the church in Mexico is growing. Yai Bada Iba!
Been re-watching The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring in segments the last few nights. Such a cool movie. Can't wait till Return of the King gets here.
Ton of NBA news... Arenas took the $ and left for Washington, Spree's going to Minnesota, and the Spurs/Kings/Pacers might have something brewing. I'll miss Arenas as a fan - he was an electrifying player with great talent - but I think the Warriors will get by.
Possible Spurs lineup for 2003-2004:
PG: Parker, SG: Ginobili, SF: Bowen, PF: Duncan, C: Nesterovic
Backups: Turkoglu, Mercer, Rose, Horry
While not nearly as talented as the Lakers (assuming Kobe isn't in jail), I think it can hold its own at least for a while.
Dream lineup for 2004-2005:
Parker, Ginobili, Garnett, Duncan, Nesterovic
Current CD wishlist: I've been getting more into musicians and bands coming from a faith background, but that are less "Christian poppy". Wishlist: Switchfoot (The Beautiful Letdown), Plumb (candycoatedwaterdrops, Beautiful Lumps of Coal), Lifehouse (No Name Face), U2 (All That You Can't Leave Behind), Sixpence None the Richer (This Beautiful Mess, Self-Titled).
Current reading: The Four Loves by CS Lewis, continuing Divine and Human by Tolstoy. Oh, and just started on Jurassic Park (Crichton) again last night for nostalgia's sake.
Had a good, low-key weekend. Saturday was a day of music, as we had praise band practice for Sunday worship on Saturday morning, practice for a Saturday praise and prayer night (PPN) on Saturday afternoon, then the PPN itself. I'm starting to get the hang of sound tech duties in addition to everything else. All in all, good time of musical worship and prayer, all day long.
Hung out with Danny at night in Mountain View. We went the Asian route and grabbed Tapioca Express, even though both of us aren't very "Asian" and typically don't frequent these hangouts, but it was open and I had a free drink from a frequent-buyer card that I could use (the card filled up when I acted as delivery service for some of our church members going to Mexico for missions in two weeks). Caught up on each other's happenings, discussed college friends, talked some sports, and expressed amused consternation at our similar situations where all of a sudden, parental types are giving us more pressure about being single.
A while back in youth group, the youth members expressed interest in hearing "exciting stories" of believers out in the field. Perhaps Rick Johnson's stories of Mexico and the Amazon enthralled them this past Sunday. Among the highlights... looking at ants the size of my thumbnail, drinking banana-snot-water, examining piranha teeth, and having an up-close-and-personal encounter with an anaconda. 'Twas also exciting and encouraging to hear stories about the ways the church in Mexico is growing. Yai Bada Iba!
Been re-watching The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring in segments the last few nights. Such a cool movie. Can't wait till Return of the King gets here.
Ton of NBA news... Arenas took the $ and left for Washington, Spree's going to Minnesota, and the Spurs/Kings/Pacers might have something brewing. I'll miss Arenas as a fan - he was an electrifying player with great talent - but I think the Warriors will get by.
Possible Spurs lineup for 2003-2004:
PG: Parker, SG: Ginobili, SF: Bowen, PF: Duncan, C: Nesterovic
Backups: Turkoglu, Mercer, Rose, Horry
While not nearly as talented as the Lakers (assuming Kobe isn't in jail), I think it can hold its own at least for a while.
Dream lineup for 2004-2005:
Parker, Ginobili, Garnett, Duncan, Nesterovic
Current CD wishlist: I've been getting more into musicians and bands coming from a faith background, but that are less "Christian poppy". Wishlist: Switchfoot (The Beautiful Letdown), Plumb (candycoatedwaterdrops, Beautiful Lumps of Coal), Lifehouse (No Name Face), U2 (All That You Can't Leave Behind), Sixpence None the Richer (This Beautiful Mess, Self-Titled).
Current reading: The Four Loves by CS Lewis, continuing Divine and Human by Tolstoy. Oh, and just started on Jurassic Park (Crichton) again last night for nostalgia's sake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home