Abbreviated weekend recap
The Holiday Bowl seems like such a letdown. Cal was top 6 in offense and defense! Oh well, at least here in the Bay Area we can still root for the Warriors, 49ers, and Raiders... [sob]
Prediction for the Holiday Bowl: Cal 50, Texas Tech 3. Both Arrington and Lynch will rush for at least 120 yards and Rodgers will have 4 TD passes, with two to his tight end buddy.
The one salve to the whole ordeal is that we've got Tedford locked up for another 5 years. Even if Rodgers goes to the NFL, I'm sure that Tedford's growing rep will help bring in some top-notch talent.
Walt's wedding was very nice, even if various Cal alumni were not-so-furtively sneaking out of the restaurant every 20 minutes or so to check up on the score of the Cal-USM game.
Started listening to the Beatles "1" CD this weekend. Realization #1: "Yesterday" was not written by Boyz II Men, it was written by the Beatles! I feel like such a musical cultural degenerate. I think I'll learn how to play it... nice tune. Realization #2: These guys may have influenced just about every pop/rock band out there today. Random note: if it is indeed Paul McCartney on high harmony in most of their songs, I'm highly impressed... it's not easy to sing high harmony while playing bass. If my high school buddy did indeed sing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" to ask that girl to prom, I've gotta give him some props.
The Holiday Bowl seems like such a letdown. Cal was top 6 in offense and defense! Oh well, at least here in the Bay Area we can still root for the Warriors, 49ers, and Raiders... [sob]
Prediction for the Holiday Bowl: Cal 50, Texas Tech 3. Both Arrington and Lynch will rush for at least 120 yards and Rodgers will have 4 TD passes, with two to his tight end buddy.
The one salve to the whole ordeal is that we've got Tedford locked up for another 5 years. Even if Rodgers goes to the NFL, I'm sure that Tedford's growing rep will help bring in some top-notch talent.
Walt's wedding was very nice, even if various Cal alumni were not-so-furtively sneaking out of the restaurant every 20 minutes or so to check up on the score of the Cal-USM game.
Started listening to the Beatles "1" CD this weekend. Realization #1: "Yesterday" was not written by Boyz II Men, it was written by the Beatles! I feel like such a musical cultural degenerate. I think I'll learn how to play it... nice tune. Realization #2: These guys may have influenced just about every pop/rock band out there today. Random note: if it is indeed Paul McCartney on high harmony in most of their songs, I'm highly impressed... it's not easy to sing high harmony while playing bass. If my high school buddy did indeed sing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" to ask that girl to prom, I've gotta give him some props.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home