Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's after games like these where I just want to go out and play in a game right away, take out some frustration by locking a man up on D and draining jumper after jumper on them. I had to settle for pumping out a lot of pushups. The Spurs got dominated tonight for the second game in a row, and perhaps I'm a little too emotionally involved right now. The Pistons played a masterful game, and their role players stepped up like the Spurs' did in the first two games.

Some adjustments that I think need to be made:
- In game 3, the Pistons began aggressively showing on the pick and roll, pushing the handler well out beyond the free throw line. In games 1 and 2, Parker and Ginobili were able to defeat this occasionally by faking on using the screen and driving hard at their own defender. I think they need to get back to this kind of aggressiveness because too many possessions were short-circuited by getting pushed out too far.
- On offense, I'd like to see some more decisive moves by Duncan in the post. When he holds the ball too long, the D can set up and wait for him. I think he needs to begin making moves immediately after the cutter goes by him.
- On defense, Parker and Ginobili need to do a better job of keeping penetrators out of the lane, because they are drawing the shot-blockers and leaving the Pistons' bigs open for offensive rebounds or short jumpers. This is what the Spurs were able to do to Detroit in 1 and 2.

Game 5 on Sunday is critical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home