Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Weekend recap

Quick takes...

- Friday night at YG, the youth had the opportunity to take a spiritual gifts survey. Hopefully, as we move forward and discuss these gifts and the ways that you can use them, some of them might learn a bit more about the purpose that they're looking for.

Also, the "big words" associated with the names of each gift led to these hilarious questions:

"What's 'Exhortation'? Is that like taking money from someone?"
"What's 'Exhortation'? Is that like 'exorcism'?"
"What's 'Hospitality'? Is that like 'hostile'?"

- That night we hung out at Byron/Jerry/Ted's place till 2 am, where we positively confirmed that Jerry's biceps are indeed as big as his calves.

- Saturday, had praise band practice, then we had lunch at Hunan Chili. After arriving at home in the pouring rain, I got out of my car and caught a glimpse of what looked like a stray cat dashing into our backyard. The cat was carrying a tiny kitten that had scrunched-up eyes, must have been very young. Curious, I ran into the backyard to see if I could figure out where the cat and (presumably) its kid was, but as I stepped off our patio I turned my ankle.

- That night went over to Avalon, where some folks made some tasty Pad Thai and I helped (sorta) with Andrew on a puppet show for Children's Worship on Sunday. Andrew wrote up a script based on Daniel's three friends (Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego) who were thrown into the fire by King Nebuchadnezzar, but survived. The puppets consisted of various fruits and vegetables on chopsticks, with faces. It actually went pretty well. Kudos to Andrew for all his hard work.

There was also a new person to FNL who was hanging out with us on Friday, and stunningly, she correctly guessed my age. I don't think that's ever happened before... I think I've blogged about it before, but people guessing my age usually guess between 27-32.

- While I was out during the weekend, someone driving on the street outside my house must have lost control in the rainy weather and smashed through the fence outside my bedroom window. Thankfully, the dude came to our front door to let us know and we'll get that taken care of. It is a bit disconcerting to wake up in the morning and see that big, splintery hole though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home